Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Born in Galway?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

happyguy wrote: »
    holy crap batman.....well i was in born this morning, man oh man amazing discounts got bags and bags of stuff.....thanks born, i'll be back.

Only 8 posts and all about Born.... hmmmn :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 happyguy

Hmmmmmmm indeed Gary, We are over from the U.K for a week in Galway decided to join an Irish site to post. Would you like me to supply you with usernames I use in all countries I visit? I see you have only posted 411 times and judging by others with circa 2000 posts you obviously don’t have much to say.
    I posted a message on this thread and replied to some others comments/questions.
    So i work for Born and you work for B.T is that where we are going?

Mashling, both my wife and myself waited in the rain this morning for the Born sale and yeah they were a little late opening the doors, the first thing we did wasto make a complaint to Born for the weather but apparently they are not able to control the rain fall....yeah i too think this was a lame excuse.
    However i understand from my wife that there was rails with 70% off, rails with 50% off, rails with 30% off ECT, i found the same on the mens floor.I think it is unfair to imply that there was only 20% off prices, p.s we like others queued from before 7 so yes we were lucky enough to get a pink ticket which got us another discount.
    also your statement "20% off expensive is still expensive..." is incorrect as 20% off expensive is LESS EXPENSIVE !!!..
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

also your statement "20% off expensive is still expensive..." is incorrect as 20% off expensive is LESS EXPENSIVE !!!..

Actually I think I am correct.

Take one dress at an expensive price (€109) and minus 20% from the price (€109 - €21.80) and you'll find that the reduced price of said dress (€87.20) is still rather expensive.

Of course the term "expensive" is both broad and variable, with its correct application being dependent on a number of aspects including the individual's disposable income and opinion of the item.

You may not agree, but I was expecting more after reading the Advertiser. Here are some direct quotes:

"Store owner Gina Malde says the sale prices in Born will never be seen again in Galway"

"offering our customers amazing value and might I say crazy low prices"

Again, YOU may not agree, but I found that the only things reduced by 70% were garish and odd looking, and that the nicer stock was only reduced by 20% or not on sale at all. To say that there were "amazing" discounts is just misleading.

I would advise Galway consumers to try ASOS.com instead, as they stock the same brands, and are upfront about their price reductions.

Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

As my mother always said
    Its only a bargain if you actually want it
    . Cant believe how much sales could sway me.

In response to the above poster, yeah 20% at a price like that does seem a bit bad, maybe a jacket. Then again, someone might think thats a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Intimidator

Putting it simply, its what young men in Galway needed, a decent shop that we can finally call our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

holy crap batman.....well i was in born this morning, man oh man amazing discounts got bags and bags of stuff.....thanks born, i'll be back.

Are you Gok Wan
    Gok_Wan_cropped.jpg

thanks..spotted born do "damaged" brand jeans, fit my fat arse best...lol

I think your arse is damaged
    sounds like your more in to bt than born?

Bitchfight!!!!!!!
    Mashling, both my wife and myself waited in the rain this morning for the Born sale and yeah they were a little late opening the doors, the first thing we did wasto make a complaint to Born for the weather but apparently they are not able to control the rain fall....yeah i too think this was a lame excuse.
    However i understand from my wife that there was rails with 70% off, rails with 50% off, rails with 30% off ECT, i found the same on the mens floor.I think it is unfair to imply that there was only 20% off prices, p.s we like others queued from before 7 so yes we were lucky enough to get a pink ticket which got us another discount.
    :cool:

Gok Wan and his magical "pink ticket" - This sounds like a camp version of Charlie and the chocolate factory
    Putting it simply, its what young men in Galway needed, a decent shop that we can finally call our own.

And ain't it so0000 conveniently located, I mean the Stage door is a quick prance walk around the corner...

Cop on, Google Ads would be far better to advertise your business rather than hijacking a thread on boards....As far as I am concerned Born has lost all credibility with this type of advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Intimidator

Can someone not post that they like a shop now?

well it looks like only a few tossers are allowed to posts on boards.ie and if anyone who is not one of the boys tries to posts then all hell breaks loose.

well Mikey i wonder who you work for?

if you have a problem with me leave a reply, i am planning a visit to Galway mid Aug and maybe you might like to meet up!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Know very few young men that have wives :D

Seriously though... its just a shop... a place made of bricks that sells clothes... cool down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

well Mikey i wonder who you work for?

if you have a problem with me leave a reply, i am planning a visit to Galway mid Aug and maybe you might like to meet up!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do I work for?

Oh look a reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mike.../happyguy banned for fighting
    Lockage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement