Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 Year Old Atheist...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

CDfm wrote: »
    i imagine so but not being atheist............
    ...... you think ceiling cat is watching you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The only excuse I need to burn books is that there are currently not enough books burning. And I can burn any book I like.
    EVEN THE BIBLE!!!! *DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNN*

If you feel the need to burn the Bible to make the point, one could only conclude that you are rather insecure about your own atheism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Dades wrote: »
    ...... you think ceiling cat is watching you?

thats not a nice thing to call your mum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah, you're one of them! :pac:

It's funny how you can read a post in different ways :pac:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Jokes aside, your point about Dawkins has some truth to it. To many believers he is seen as a sort of high priest of atheism (Most people seem to think he is a 'professional atheist' by profession as opposed to a scientist). So citing him might might prove detrimental to one's cause since many believers are wary of his words.

Dawkins is quite frankly dreary to what I have read from other atheist thinkers. Friedrich Nietzsche even when part may be lost in the translation from the German is an excellent writer. The Parable of the Madman in the Marketplace is well written. I can appreciate that. At the same time I am far from agreeing with it of course :)

Advertisement