Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd shooter at weddings

• 28-02-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

After turning down 2 weddings this week I have finally decided to get into wedding photography.

I am not the kind of person who can sign up for something that I can't handle so I would rather take baby steps and start as a second shooter.

If anyone is looking for a second shooter or assistant at a wedding, feel free to PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

at least you are going about it the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

You'll find that if you post a few more details you may get a better response.

The area you're prepared to operate in would be a primary peice of information.

Perhaps a little detail of what you've done to date may be relevant (that's up to you though).

Very best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Tactical wrote: »
    You'll find that if you post a few more details you may get a better response.

The area you're prepared to operate in would be a primary peice of information.

Perhaps a little detail of what you've done to date may be relevant (that's up to you though).

Very best of luck :)

Good advise, but most folks here are well aware of what sasar's done to date.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Thanks Tactical.

I live in Dublin, but I guess I would't have a problem to travel.
    I was one of the photographers at Festival of World Cultures last year, have shot a few gigs, model portfolios etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

nilhg wrote: »
    Good advise, but most folks here are well aware of what sasar's done to date.....

:o

Sorry.

I wouldn't have been aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

at least you are going about it the right way.

Indeed. No more mothers on the radio :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sasar wrote: »
    After turning down 2 weddings this week I have finally decided to get into wedding photography.

I am not the kind of person who can sign up for something that I can't handle so I would rather take baby steps and start as a second shooter.

If anyone is looking for a second shooter or assistant at a wedding, feel free to PM me.

as said above you are going about it in the best way , and from knowing your material you will be fine.
    One suggestion (from someone who never has photographed a wedding) , ask directly a photorapher you like, can you tag along , at no cost for a few weddings , just an idea, but i'm sure they will be impressed with your portfolio - anyway best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

...I am not the kind of person who can sign up for something that I can't handle so I would rather take baby steps and start as a second shooter....

I have to laugh. I've just had a look at your website and the standard of your work is superb. You don't need to be second shooter to anyone. I can however think of several professional photographers who would benefit from a bit of apprenticeship to you.

I would just go for it. Too many people seem to hold wedding photography in a totally undeserved awe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Carrigman wrote: »
    I have to laugh. I've just had a look at your website and the standard of your work is superb. You don't need to be second shooter to anyone. I can however think of several professional photographers who would benefit from a bit of apprenticeship to you.

I would just go for it. Too many people seem to hold wedding photography in a totally undeserved awe.

To be honest, i would have thought the same thing. Sasar has a fantastic level of talent. That said, weddings are a complicated affair and the stress is high.

I can understand why he would want to start as he is.

Thanks everyone!

Carrigman - on the website is the stuff I shoot for myself and that is slighly different from shooting for a client.

Baz - that's a good idea, might give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'm in the same position and have been asked to do a few weddings of late but have declined. I was going to post up something very similar to yourself tonight, you beat me too it! I'm sure you'll have no problem at the weddings but you're deffo going about it the right way!

We could always setup our own wedding services and chance it, but who wants to hear both of our mothers on Joe Duffy? :D

Best of luck with it the weddings Alex!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

A website can be quite misleading in representing what you do and the quality of your work as most people will put only the top 1% of what they shoot and in day to day work consistency to produce at a top level is a skill that is perfected by practice and not easy to just get. I have seen a lot of Sasar's work and it does look excellent but this can be personal and more time can be devoted to this and you can repeat till you get the result you want.

This isnt a dig a Sasar, on the contrary as said above he is to be congratulated for going down this route.

If you want some pressure you can come and second shoot some of the shows I do :) we are always looking for people to break!! :)

Borderfox, I totally agree with everything you've said.
    I might consider one of the horse shows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

...I might consider one of the horse shows :rolleyes:

Good luck to you! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Carrigman - on the website is the stuff I shoot for myself and that is slighly different from shooting for a client.

This is so true.

Advertisement