Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charger Won't Slow Charge

Options
  • 28-02-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

So I have one of those TLP chargers and I'm having a problem with it.

As it says on the tin, it's not slow charging.
    Pushing the button once will put it onto slow charge, but instead of just charging properly, it beeps every few seconds, the same way it does when the charging cycle completes.

Pushing the button again, and again to switch to fast charge and discharge works fine, and at the same time, these cycles work properly too.

Am I doing something wrong or is the slow charge supposed to beep annyongly like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

Have a TLP charger too & mine beeps when it is slow charging & I agree it's a pain in the nuts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

is it possible it is actualy charging but the LED is gone? the LED's in them are commone enough failures and its hard to know that it could actually be charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Mine beebs too when its on a slow charge, its a pain but it works quite well. Leave it to charge a battery for a few hours, come back to it and see if its warm. Then its working.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This confused me too Dingdong, there is no slow charge. There is a trickle charger that engages when you connect a pack, and when a charge cycle is finished.

You have to use fast(blue), but you set the amerage so you control the speed. So effectively, you can "slow" charge by turning the amperage to a low level.

I've had a lot of problems with unreliable charging with my 4000C, not happy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Fast charge isnt worth using, but yes it will beep every few seconds on the slow charge and its a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Masada wrote: »
    is it possible it is actualy charging but the LED is gone? the LED's in them are commone enough failures and its hard to know that it could actually be charging.

Sorry Richie, the prob is as the lads said afterwards.
    I didn't realise that the charger was supposed to beep every five seconds when it was on slow charge, I thought the beep meant that is was finished doing whatever it is that it was doing.

So if it constantly beeps during the slow charge....how the hell do I know when it's done?

Sorry Richie, the prob is as the lads said afterwards.
    I didn't realise that the charger was supposed to beep every five seconds when it was on slow charge, I thought the beep meant that is was finished doing whatever it is that it was doing.

So if it constantly beeps during the slow charge....how the hell do I know when it's done?

One, you could mute the beeper if you wanted, but I wouln't risk it incase it would affect the charging.

Also, its a trickle charge, its less than a slow charge(AFAIK). To fully charge it would take like 2 weeks.

I did a search for old TLP threads, found like 5. Anyways, Redwolf have made instructions and I completly forgot. TLPs own manual is shocking(sorry for the puuunnnnn[Pratchet Fan:p]). I've attdached the PDF. Should be helpful. Might do a video up this week, its a charger that always confuses people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Thanks Simon.
    I do recall the chargers instructions being totally pants.
    I binned them and don't regret it.

One question....where's the pdf though?

Thanks Simon.
    I do recall the chargers instructions being totally pants.
    I binned them and don't regret it.

One question....where's the pdf though?

The amount of times I've sent emails without the attachments:p Now I'm doing it on boards....

Attached:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

Thanks for that pdf it's just answered all my questions your the dog's Lethal!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement