Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water tank in loft keeps fillign constantly

Options
  • 28-02-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Does anyone know a reason for it? We got a radiator taken off wall then put back on about 6 months ago but since then the tank just keeps filling. Also when we've the heat on it no longer heats the water yet the boiler is fine as the pipes going into boiler are hot so i suspect its to do with the water filling in loft constantly..anyone know the most common reason or point me in right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

First thought is to advise you to check the ballcock valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Old Gill wrote: »
    Does anyone know a reason for it? We got a radiator taken off wall then put back on about 6 months ago but since then the tank just keeps filling. Also when we've the heat on it no longer heats the water yet the boiler is fine as the pipes going into boiler are hot so i suspect its to do with the water filling in loft constantly..anyone know the most common reason or point me in right direction?

The two things may be unrelated. Check the ballcock as advised. If your heating is a closed system there may be insufficient water in it. I'd get a plumber tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If you are talking about the header tank for the heating system, then you have a leak in the system. If you cannot see the leak, then it is under the floor, or more likely, if the boiler is outside in an outhouse, the leak is under the ground between the house and the boilerhouse.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

JamesM wrote: »
    If you are talking about the header tank for the heating system, then you have a leak in the system. If you cannot see the leak, then it is under the floor, or more likely, if the boiler is outside in an outhouse, the leak is under the ground between the house and the boilerhouse.
    Jim.

This seems to be the problem alright.. is it a big job to fix?

Advertisement