Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APN Settings pre-pay 3 Broadband Ireland

• 28-02-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi
    I got a Huawei E220 usb Modem Unlocked to all Networks, I also have a 3G Broadband Sim (prepay) I purchased in the UK, Does anyone have the APN settings including IP address for this Sim, Really appreciate if someone could help, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

JonJon1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I got a Huawei E220 usb Modem Unlocked to all Networks, I also have a 3G Broadband Sim (prepay) I purchased in the UK, Does anyone have the APN settings including IP address for this Sim, Really appreciate if someone could help, Thanks

three.co.uk

That is all you need.

Incidentally, your subject is a tad misleading, for your own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JonJon1

Hi
    Sorry culabula,
    if i have been misleading in my earlier Post, I had finished the contract with 3 Broadband Ireland which meant the modem was mine, So I got a few programmes and information on the internet and unlocked the Modem and upgraded it, I found a Guy on Ebay UK offering good deals on 3 Broadband Sim cards and purchased one, Problem now is I dont know the full APN Settings to use,appreciate your help

Hi
    Sorry culabula,
    if i have been misleading in my earlier Post, I had finished the contract with 3 Broadband Ireland which meant the modem was mine, So I got a few programmes and information on the internet and unlocked the Modem and upgraded it, I found a Guy on Ebay UK offering good deals on 3 Broadband Sim cards and purchased one, Problem now is I dont know the full APN Settings to use,appreciate your help

You don't need any settings other than three.co.uk (NEVER use 3internet as they themselves recommend).

An IP address will be assigned when you log on.

Er, that's it :-)

(3 (UK) prepay cards can easily be found for free....they usually give them away in their shops. I have about 5 here. Stick 10GBP on and convert 5 of that to the internet add-on and ditto the following month. No need for eBay -but how are you going to top it up, incidentally?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote: »
    (NEVER use 3internet as they themselves recommend).

Why not?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Why not?

It won't work outside of the UK. The correct APN is three.co.uk. I have no idea why they print this in all their literature.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help culabula, I visit Northern Ireland fairly regularly so I think I should be able to top up there, Is it possible to obtain a Pre-Pay 3 Broadband sim here in Ireland and do you recommend any other Pre-pay network apart from 3, jonjon1

Thanks for your help culabula, I visit Northern Ireland fairly regularly so I think I should be able to top up there, Is it possible to obtain a Pre-Pay 3 Broadband sim here in Ireland and do you recommend any other Pre-pay network apart from 3, jonjon1

There is no "broadband 3-Pay SIM*". You just get a SIM from 3 IRL or 3 UK and stick the add-on on for Internet. End of.

3 is best because you can use a SIM from either company in either jurisdiction here in Ireland or in the UK without fear, worry, penalty or expense -subject to coverage, of course.

(*Except for one that came from a prepay datamodem -but what's the point? They are often defeated for voice and SMS, at least the Irish ones are. Any 3 SIM will do you).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No other network does pre pay broadband in Ireland, you can get a handset 3pay sim, change the sim to a modem via my3 and use it in a modem:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Walkman wrote: »
    No other network does pre pay broadband in Ireland

meteor now does....

Walkman wrote: »
    No other network does pre pay broadband in Ireland, you can get a handset 3pay sim, change the sim to a modem via my3 and use it in a modem:)

Surely O2 does for some time now @ 99c a day? Non?

• Advertisement

Thanks culabula,
    and everybody else, you've been a great help, JONJON1

Thanks culabula,
    and everybody else, you've been a great help, JONJON1

Happy surfing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

sorry sam I forgot about meteor, culabula I was talking about pre pay data only with an add on that was actually value for money

Advertisement