Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME Exchange Policy - Purchased up North

Options
  • 28-02-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

So Mammy went up to Newry to take advantage of the poor Sterling against the Euro, and I said "Mammy, pick me up Street Fighter IV for my Xbox 360 because it'll be well cheaper and you'll be the best Mammy ever since I'm a poor student." Mammy obliges. But she comes home with a PS3 copy.

LAME.

So what I'm wondering is, will I be able to exchange a game bought in Northern Ireland (I'm guessing this would also apply to games bought in the UK), in the Republic of Ireland?

Would I get a straight swap, or would I have to make up the currency difference, or would I just not be able to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

JoePie wrote: »
    So Mammy went up to Newry to take advantage of the poor Sterling against the Euro, and I said "Mammy, pick me up Street Fighter IV for my Xbox 360 because it'll be well cheaper and you'll be the best Mammy ever since I'm a poor student." Mammy obliges. But she comes home with a PS3 copy.

LAME.

So what I'm wondering is, will I be able to exchange a game bought in Northern Ireland (I'm guessing this would also apply to games bought in the UK), in the Republic of Ireland?

Would I get a straight swap, or would I have to make up the currency difference, or would I just not be able to do it?

If you've got a receipt, they'll probably just swap it. They don't have to do anything; but they probably will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

LAME.

Failing that you could sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

LAME.

Yes - I bought my PS3 in GAME in Uxbridge, UK, but when I bought it I asked the guy if I could return it to a Dublin store if there was a fault, etc, as obviously I wouldn't be coming back over to the UK to do so - he checked and said it was fine. Sure enough I had a problem with the Wifi on it, and GAME in Liffey Valley swapped it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

surely they wouldnt mind a straight swap? if you went in and said it was bought as a present (technically true) and they bought the wrong version?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are the games the same price in both stores, i.e. is the PS3 and Xbox360 the same price in both stores. If not they could smell a scam.

e.g. if PS3 you bought was £20 but the 360 was £40 and here it was €60 for both I am not sure they would swop it. Since it appears you bought the cheaper one up north with the intention of swopping.

If they won't do it you could email/ring the shop and offer to post it back with a prepaid envelope, or stick cash in to make up any difference & postage.

BTW this is just the sort of thing people do not take into account when talking of the big savings they make up north. Along with time which could have been spent doing OT in work -never mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

As its the same price on both 360 and PS3, there shouldn't be any problem with exchanging it fer de 360 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Major bump.

I've been meaning to reply for ages. Thanks fellas. For anyone who had sleepless nights over it, GAME did change my game, and said theres no problem doing that wih anything, as long as you have a receipt.

And then I discovered I'm rubbish at Street Fighter IV.

Advertisement