Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manipulating circuclar images

Options
  • 28-02-2009 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Im trying to put a college presentation together about a company.

Now the company has a circular logo- which I think represents the globe (its a bit abstract)

anyway I was putting together the powerpoint presentation and using the smart-art options, one of which is 3 cricles overlayed in the middle and I thought it would look good if instead of using these circles I would use the companies logo.

Problem is i have no idea how to do it. I tried doing it in mspaint but it turns out theres no such thing as a circular image- all images are recatangular or square but there is a way you can make the edges transparrent?

Is that right and if so does anyone know how I would do it (I actually dont have any photo imaging software, Im hoping there might be an easy way)?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You need to save the image as a GIF file or one that supports transparency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Dirtt_Diver

not sure i get you. but what about in paint use the circular selection tool then copy it and paste it? would that not make the image a circle? i mean you'd loose the edges but aint that the point? i think its too easy a solution for me to be right!

thats fine when you layer it over an constant background colour. Using a format that supports transparency like GIF (wmf also iirc) allows you to place your image over anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Thanks guys

I saved it as a GIF but it went real grainy (lots of little dots?)

Is there a cricular selection tool in MSPaint?

Its not a big thing, just wanted to look fancy

If you dont know what I mean, think of getting an image file of a circle then trying to overlay 4 more circle image files to make the olympic symbol

(I know you would'nt need to do that- you'd just create 5 cirles in your own program but I cant create the logo as easy as a cricle)

GIF only supports 256 colours. If you're not careful in selecting your colour pallet then you get crappy images. Sure post the original and I'll do it for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Make your slide background the same colour as the image background and you won't have to worry about transparency.

Advertisement