Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadline date for applying a year abroad?

• 28-02-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Does anyone know?
    I didnt want to keep looking up the college abroad in case I am too late to apply!:rolleyes:
    Thanks,

The Paws.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

The Paws wrote: »
    Does anyone know?
    I didnt want to keep looking up the college abroad in case I am too late to apply!:rolleyes:
    Thanks,

The Paws.

Depends on which college you're in. Your best bet would be to contact the international office in your own college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Thanks for your reply An Citeog. I will find out more about this when I visit the International Education Office during the week.

Is there any mature students out there who studied abroad for a year ( or a term ) and how was it for you?

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I spent a year in America as part of my undergrad and it was without doubt the best year of my life and my education!

hello....i am back!
    I checked with international staff -deadlines for every college abroad are different and I chance it once the forms are sorted. My major problem is trying to transfer from what i am doing now into 3rd year of the other course ( didnt want to say what course incase....) so that I can continue on this the newer course abroad and in UCC for my final year.

I am hoping America too - maybe North Carolina??? for a year or a term.

any other college in USA worth going?

Is there a particular list you're looking at? And are you talking UNC, NC State or another college?

• Advertisement

I was looking up NC State Univeristy. Any other list of universities in usa - feedbacks would be great - i am studying Science.

Oh you're allowed to pick wherever you want? I'm in Arts so not much help on the course front! There are worse places you could go than Raleigh, though if you have a free choice of anywhere would you not prefer a bigger city?

Well, no we cant pick whatever college we want…..I know!..... my college showed me the list of colleges in abroad - these are the ones that the college is offering us...my course must have the same/similar modules to the one in USA etc. So not all of the colleges I looked up will suit my course/modules. So it is pretty much limited to where I wanted to go. i keep on looking..

Advertisement