Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question regarding UCD

Options
  • 28-02-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

do you need a student card to buy drinks in the student bar?
    sorry if its a stupid question,just wondering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

poisonated wrote: »
    do you need a student card to buy drinks in the student bar?
    sorry if its a stupid question,just wondering

No, you need one to get in, when they have security at the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Thanks.They wouldnt have security often would they?,say if you were to head in on a wednesday afternoon for a couple of pints

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

Donk know to be honest, I havn't been in the bar too early except gong in with a friend who had left their coat the previous night but that was very early.

I'm guessing that your asking because either you or a friend you're going with is underage;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Ha no its not that its just that I dont go to UCD and just wondering if its possible to join the lads who do for a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

I think that guests can be signed in, as long as you are over 18 there should be no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

They'd have security most nights. I don't know what time they start, but they're usually there in the evenings onwards.

I think current students are allowed bring guests in, although I'm not sure. If you have other ID and with other people who are students, then I wouldn't see a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Current students are allowed a +1 non student. They have to sign you in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Whatever about going at night, you'd have no problem at all heading in for a few pints on a Wednesday afternoon.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I wouldn't bother with the student bar anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Brimmy wrote: »
    Current students are allowed a +1 non student. They have to sign you in though.
    Signed into a bar. lol:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement