Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats up with O´Briens Sandwich bar

• 28-02-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Theyre all closed and i saw adds on the FAS website looking for staff so they must be re-opening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimwaterford

the franchise has been taken over by the wex franchise owners -

its a tough business - but a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Carlotta

They're delicious that's what!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There's a big sign on the Georges Court place saying they are re-opening under new management. Nothing like that in the City Square place, so I assume it is just one re-opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I would have thought the City Square store would have got more footfall, but I'm guessing the rent must have been somewhat extortionate!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looks like they were renovating the place a bit also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

It's great news, it was a shocker that Waterford was to be left with no O'Briens. It's a great option for lunch in the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's also good to see that business owners still have confidence in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 upnaas

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's also good to see that business owners still have confidence in the market.

Wexford guy is a great operator, what about the other units closed/for sale - athy, longford, carlow, kilkenny - the list goes on. Sign of the times, massive competition in the past few years, heard a rumour that alot of franchisees are going to form a breakaway sandwich chain????????/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

is quiznos still open?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 upnaas

No idea, only in it once, think it was on Wexford St, rotten coffee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

magick wrote: »
    is quiznos still open?!

I believe so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yes, it is open.

Advertisement