Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would ye go out with a fatguy?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Or is it just too unattractive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Too unattractive. He'd want to have a hell of a personality, but then he'd probably be firmly in the Friend Zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Unfortunately a lot of people go through life basing there opinions on how people look, i find this to be extremely shallow and well people who base there opinions on how people look shoudl really consider if they, themselves are worth knowing. My OH is not a skinny man, but i found him attractive. As far as i am concerned they might be the most socially acceptable type of "beautiful person" but can be as ugly as sin on the inside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

*LZ prepares for the ego bashing of a lifetime*:(:pac:

I think general attraction requires a good deal of physical attraction AND personality attraction. Fat guys just don't do the physical attraction for me so I don't think it's shallow that I'm not attracted to them, just the way things are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sure. Someone's weight wouldn't even be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Define fat ?

Someone who could loose 2 stone or someone who is extremly over weigth
    so much so can they can't climb stairs with out getting out of breath ?

Silverfish wrote: »
    Sure. Someone's weight wouldn't even be an issue.

Really? Maybe this thread won't be as soul destroying as I thought it'd be.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*facepalm*

would depend on the personality. my fella's not exactly a rake.. but i think he's absolutely gorgeous.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Honestly, it would depend on how fat they were. While I'm generally attracted to lean guys, I'm quite partial to cuddly guys too. A friend of my brothers who I've had a long-standing crush on could be described as 'fat' and I'm still attracted to him. But if they were really fat then that would probably put me off, at least until I got to know them.

Yeah "fat" really needs to be defined, when I read the OP the image that came into my head was of a noticably overweight guy which would definitely not be attractive, however I might be ok with someone just a little overweight.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Define fat ?

Someone who could loose 2 stone or someone who is extremly over weigth
    so much so can they can't climb stairs with out getting out of breath ?

Think my ex last weighed in at 24 stone, at 6 foot 1 or so he was classified as clinically obese. He was also a big hit with lots of ladies too :)

Well if they have to haul aside their big white bellies to see thier pubes then it's an issue.
    Who wants to give head when you are going to have thier belly bumping you in the head ?
    or if you have to not do certain postions cos their gut gets in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

i like a cute face,good personality,someone that will make me laugh, makes me feel good about myself so size would be the last thing on my list

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Now this is only my take and my experience, but women are not as obvious with what they find attractive and also vary more in that than men. They're equally as "shallow" in the sense that they do go for certain traits, but the physical bit is not as important in general. They go more for the full package. Men who have the choice tend to go for the physical appearance more. Women who have more of a choice may go more for the physical appearance, but not nearly as much IME. I've seen guys who were significantly less visually attractive than their partners. Its common enough too. The reverse is much less common in general. I must say men do have it easier in this. They can earn and learn attractive qulaities easier than women can. So when I hear guys whine about how they're perceived I do roll my eyes a bit.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

personally for me if the person was morbidly obese the attraction wouldnt be there,,but if someone was a little overweight there would be no problem at all once they had a good personality and treated me right...my other half is not skinny, not overweight he is just right...my ex was cuddly we'll say so its all bout being attracted to a person knowing the personality comes after that initial attraction..

so my answer basically is that morbidly obese no attraction at all ,,, a little cuddly yeah of course.....

Wibbs wrote: »
    I must say men do have it easier in this. They can earn and learn attractive qulaities easier than women can. So when I hear guys whine about how they're perceived I do roll my eyes a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

My Man is a tad on the overweight side - it don't make him a bad person and I love the bones of him:):)

shezzie wrote: »
    personally for me if the person was morbidly obese the attraction wouldnt be there,,but if someone was a little overweight there would be no problem at all once they had a good personality and treated me right...my other half is not skinny, not overweight he is just right...my ex was cuddly we'll say so its all bout being attracted to a person knowing the personality comes after that initial attraction..

so my answer basically is that morbidly obese no attraction at all ,,, a little cuddly yeah of course.....
    ok morbidly would be a no no :(wouldnt even look so now im shallow:(

joes girls wrote: »
    ok morbidly would be a no no :(wouldnt even look so now im shallow:(

That's not shallow, as with everything in life there is a threshold that just cannot be passed.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's not shallow, as with everything in life there is a threshold that just cannot be passed.
    thanks feels ok about myself again now :D:):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

hey joes girls,,no am definately not shallow at all far from it..everyone has their interests and what they find attractive in each other..to go by what you say everyone has to be shallow because everyone has something they dont like in attraction like a skinny woman, big boobs, muscular man etc etc to say because you do or dont like some element being shallow is incorrect..you cant help what the head, heart, and body draws you to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Land Of Idiots

TBH a guys weight doesn't bother me either way, unless as a few people have mentioned he is morbidly obese. (I think I'd spend a lot of time worrying about him having a heart attack!) I would place a higher importance on other things. Cliched as it may sound, personality is definitely top of my list! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well if they have to haul aside their big white bellies to see thier pubes then it's an issue.
    Who wants to give head when you are going to have thier belly bumping you in the head ?
    Maybe its the Lemsips talking(or the hot whiskey), but I lolled and actually out loud too:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

number one no no is for a guy to be short , and after that its ginger :rolleyes:

i can handle overweight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

FWIW I think the consensus on this thread is biased away from people afraid to tell the truth. I moved out about two years ago and unintentionally lost some weight (maybe a stone) as my diet changed. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I get much more female attention having become slimmer.

number one no no is for a guy to be short , and after that its ginger :rolleyes:

i can handle overweight

There has to be a limit, really you never want to be stuck under someone who
    is puffing and panting and you are worried they will have a massive heart attack
    and then the tough occurs to you that what if they did and they collapsed and you were 'stuck'....

/shudder

Still most blokes that like their food and are orally stimulated tend to like
    being on the giving end of oral sex alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

is puffing and panting and you are worried they will have a massive heart attack
    and then the tough occurs to you that what if they did and they collapsed and you were 'stuck'....

/shudder

Still most blokes that like their food and are orally stimulated tend to like
    being on the giving end of oral sex alot.

ok ok i will give you that, i can agree that i wouldnt want to be with somebody morbidly obese! but i think i can handle guys who are just "fat".... better than short anyways

i can handle overweight

Ah nuts.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I was always partial to the more cuddly guys. Then I fell for a stick man but fed him, made him cuddly and married him :D

There was a brief interlude with a very big man once. It never went beyond a kiss but there was just "something" about him that had me hooked for a while and his size was unimportant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Silverfish wrote: »
    Think my ex last weighed in at 24 stone, at 6 foot 1 or so he was classified as clinically obese. He was also a big hit with lots of ladies too :)

All but one of my serious partners as an adult were tall (min. six feet) and not one of those three weighed less than 19 stone, none of them "looked" obese, they were big guys with big builds. They looked overweight, and according to BMI etc were clinically obese.

/shudder

Hee hee I lolled, but OMG just imagine, actually combine your two posts and imagine a heart attack whilst your head bumps against the belly during oral /shudder

I suppose at least in the head bumping scenario you could ring 999 :D

Advertisement