Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in refuse collection services in Co. Louth?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

There was a small piece in this week's Dundalk Democrat (Feb 25th, page 3) that the County Council has told all refuse collectors that they must introduce a pay by weight/volume collection system and submit plans on how to do this by May 1st to the council.

I'm guessing this will affect all those who pay a yearly flat charge and have their bins collected every week. I have a bin with ACE and pay by a tag system, so I just put it out when I need to. Not sure how this new directive will affect me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

This is like Dunleer train station...it's always just another few months away.
    Personally I can't wait.
    No actually I can....Oxigen is just going to use this as another excuse to put up prices, telling us all in their nice little circular that they've had to re-fit their refuse trucks with new equipment for pay by weight, that hey've had to re-train staff, etc and that "unfortunately this cost must be passed on to the customer".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wertz wrote: »
    Oxigen is just going to use this as another excuse to put up prices, telling us all in their nice little circular that they've had to re-fit their refuse trucks with new equipment for pay by weight, that hey've had to re-train staff, etc and that "unfortunately this cost must be passed on to the customer".
    It will also mention prices are going up too because of fuel price increases which no doubt FF will annouce in their upcoming mini budget (that will explain why the price of diesel has been coming down recently) :rolleyes:

Advertisement