Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for timber sleepers.

Options
  • 28-02-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy large quantities of timber sleepers for a garden I'm designing in the Connaught area. I can pick them up from anywhere in the country once the price is right! Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

did you ever get an answer about the sleepers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FarmerBrown

Depending on what side of the city I am on at the time, I get mine off Clonee Sawmills or Whites Agri both I find are similar in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

any idea on prices I can expect o pay, looking for 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Depending on what side of the city I am on at the time, I get mine off Clonee Sawmills or Whites Agri both I find are similar in price.

Sound - I actually found the Clonee website & saw that they supply them.. what kind of price do they charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

you should ring around a few garden centers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FarmerBrown

New Garden Sleepers are in around €28, while creosoted Railway Sleepers are now banned (good auld EPA) you can get authentic (straight) solid oak sleepers (non-creosoted) for around €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

Great, thanks for that.

Advertisement