Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evolution - what next?

• 28-02-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Seeing as we alledgedly came from monkeys (I still have trouble with that one, the priest who 'befriended' me when I was young told a different story) where are we headed in the next million years? A few ideas?

Minge Hair: No one likes it, even women. If enough start shaving it off will it disappear forever in time?

Knob sizes: Men like having big knobs, women like having big knobs inside them. What with enhancement surgery etc will the average knob size increase?

Useless body parts: Apparently the appendix is a useless body part. will other parts go the same way? If so which? Ger Cannings Voicebox? Ronan Keatings knob? (come on Ronan, we all know the truth).

Anyone else any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Fecking laser beams out your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bigger, stronger forefinger developed from scrolling mouse wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Evolution will be taking a break for the time being, hopefully it won't take a step backwards. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Minge Hair: No one likes it, even women. If enough start shaving it off will it disappear forever in time?
    maybe, but not because people shave it off. it might happen because men might tend towards women who have light minge hair so the "light minge hair" gene takes over
    Knob sizes: Men like having big knobs, women like having big knobs inside them. What with enhancement surgery etc will the average knob size increase?
    maybe but not because of enhancement surgery, possibly because women might tend towards men with big knobs so the "big knob" gene takes over. if they tended towards men who had been enhanced through surgery who didn't have the big knob gene, it would never take over
    Useless body parts: Apparently the appendix is a useless body part. will other parts go the same way? If so which? Ger Cannings Voicebox? Ronan Keatings knob? (come on Ronan, we all know the truth).
    i've heard the baby finger is on the way out

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Evolution - what next?

There's a number of factors.

Evolution only works when natural selection or success of reproduction comes into play. As a politically correct society, we tend to help those who evolution would've deselected a long time ago, eg. the handicapped, long term unemployed, etc.

You'll probably find that a stronger immune system will come into play with the increase in anti-biotic resistant bacteria.
    Also, if the global temperature increases by say 4% by 2100 then only those able to adapt to hotter climates or migrate will thrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

All men will have one very strong arm, one really scrawny one, and be very pale, if we keep spendin so much time on the internet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i've heard the baby finger is on the way out
    The baby finger provides most of the strength in the human grip, so I don't think its going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

lol you not far off , people will start to become less and less hairy to the point were we are hairless , we don't need hair at all , clothes keep us warm ,

as for knob sizes, humans already have huge knobs compared to other mammals of equal size to us , take the gorilla , 2 inches is normal for them ,

and useless organs like the appendix, 3rd eyelid and the Darwin point are in the last stages of vanishing altogether , only a certain % of people have these and in a few thousand years (really small time evolutionary times)

http://science.discovery.com/top-ten/2008/organs/organs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The baby finger provides most of the strength in the human grip, so I don't think its going anywhere

And it's used to access the full range of letters of on the keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I have a virtually hairless body, no nipples, 12 toes and fingers, Ihave the power of telekenesis and I can read minds. Evolution is my bitch and I am your god and your future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And it's used to access the full range of letters of on the keyboard.

Sometimes, too many :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The baby finger provides most of the strength in the human grip
    Not in a headlock it doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Babies being born with 86% body fat.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Aodan83 wrote: »
    All men will have one very strong arm, one really scrawny one, and be very pale, if we keep spendin so much time on the internet!!!

So, you blame it on the Internet do you.:D

/ admit it,you overuse one muscle to overuse another.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

there will be no more natural red .heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well we will all be Hairless and all the same colour.

Just like the Goobacks

http://forum.thesimpson.it/upload/povracci/Goobacks.jpg

The left arm will be replaced with a tray so eating of curries at 3am while drunkenly shuffling home will be accomplised easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I'm sure I read something about this.
    That we would be less hairy, have much smaller chins and larger heads.
    Think a bald Mr. Burns.
    We will also be weaker and probably lazier.

I'd imagine more intelligent and possibly taller and fatter.

Would we not be more likely to evolve with weaker immune systems due
    to that fact that children are 'wrapped in cotton wool' so much these days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hopefully the general populace will develop the intelligence to actually understand evolution. But seeing how ignorance is "in" I can't see that being a selection pressure.

http://www.badscience.net/2006/10/%E2%80%9Call-men-will-have-big-willies%E2%80%9D/

Terry wrote: »

Pfft....
    They were nothing till 2000, when they invited Bret to join them.
    And then the New World Order was complete.:)

5uspect wrote: »
    Hopefully the general populace will develop the intelligence to actually understand evolution. But seeing how ignorance is "in" I can't see that being a selection pressure.

http://www.badscience.net/2006/10/%E2%80%9Call-men-will-have-big-willies%E2%80%9D/
    Meh.
    That reeks of small man syndrome and a dude with a tiny pecker. I'm speaking from experience here. The pecker part anyway.

Pfft....
    They were nothing till 2000, when they invited Bret to join them.
    And then the New World Order was complete.:)
    Yeah, that was about the time they started to completely suck and me and Scott were getting pissed.

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah, that was about the time they started to completely suck me, and Scott was getting pissed.

Didn't realise you and Scott were so close.:)

nWo was best with just the three of them. Hogan, Hall, Nash.

I reckon we'll have worse memory, from relying on t'internet so much for information.

Also, a newer version of the English language will be made up to accomodate for those that don't know the difference between words like then/than and saying "should of" instead of "should have" will be acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think longer and more dextrous fingers will reign supreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I reckon we'll have worse memory, from relying on t'internet so much for information.

Also, a newer version of the English language will be made up to accomodate for those that don't know the difference between words like then/than and saying "should of" instead of "should have" will be acceptable.

Well Language is the fastest evolving thing on the planet. Unfortunately txt speak is becoming more and more common until it gets generally excepted.

Of course it was.
    But that is a PW discussion.:)
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

:confused:

Think he is saying that we won't have to memorise anything in the future, we will rely on the internet to do it for us instead. :)

Thought he was talking Wrestling Info.:)
    For that,I don't need the internet.:)
    Thanks for your input.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Seems like this thread is for the OP to talk about shaved vag and big penis.

Whats next for evolution? Bears with laser beams and giant friggin bats!

Seems like this thread is for the OP to talk about shaved vag and big penis.
    Says he who "Eats, Shoots and Leaves".:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Says he who "Eats, Shoots and Leaves".:D

bamboo shoots and leaves are part of a normal diet for pandas :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

big mad hoopy earrings

• Advertisement

I know where you are coming from.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

My theory.. More conical shaped heads, zero body hair and probably taller human beings..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not the more evolved sexual harassment panda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

evolution is on the way out. genetic engineering is the future. so basically you can have whatever the fack you want. 3 appendixes, hair everywhere, a penis on every limb if that's what you're in to.

evolution is just something they teach little kids to scare them away from paedophile priests. really we were invented by aliens who are having a good laugh at us now.

towel401 wrote: »
    evolution is just something they teach little kids to scare them away from paedophile priests. really we were invented by aliens who are having a good laugh at us now.
    Well they succeeded in alienating us from said peados. priests.
    They get my vote.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    maybe, but not because people shave it off. it might happen because men might tend towards women who have light minge hair so the "light minge hair" gene takes over
    We could end up with an extremely hairy human race since shaving came in. Either way it's impossible to tell who is hairy and who isn't until you see them naked and it's a fact hairy women will take down and rape any naked man/woman (depending on preference).

If you want to see where the evolution of any species is going, all you have to do is look at what the female of the species is reproducing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Apparently evolution favours larger appendixes because smaller ones are more likely to burst-and therefore kill you removing you from the gene pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Surely the real interesting thing is the interface between humans and the concept of evolution.

When will man actually be able to manage its own evolution?
    In other words will man ever be able to engineer its own evolution rather than be a passive player.
    Would such active engineering of evolution be a good thing?

Will evolution always be intrinsically tied to reproduction?
    Or will man develop other ways of managing their evolution?
    Does evolution have to remain organically based?
    What about the role of technology in all this?
    How much will man combine with machine?
    Will cybernetics be evolvable?
    And again is this a good thing?

I'm sure AH has the answers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

tech77 wrote: »
    Surely the real interesting thing is the interface between humans and the concept of evolution.

When will man actually be able to manage its own evolution?
    In other words will man ever be able to engineer its own evolution rather than be a passive player.
    Would such active engineering of evolution be a good thing?

Will evolution always be intrinsically tied to reproduction?
    Or will man develop other ways of managing their evolution?
    Does evolution have to remain organically based?
    What about the role of technology in all this?
    How much will man combine with machine?
    Will cybernetics be evolvable?
    And again is this a good thing?

I'm sure AH has the answers. :pac:
    Are you any relation to the Hitlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Will the sun be still burning in a million years?

what year is the sun going to burn out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

ScumLord wrote: »
    Are you any relation to the Hitlers?

You obviously missed the "Will this be a good thing?" bit then.

In many respects it obviously won't be a good thing.
    It will be interesting to see what will happen.

With advancing technology (genetics etc as another poster mentioned), some sort of engineering of evolution is (rightly or wrongly) inevitable.

So how humanity deals with this inevitability will be interesting to say the least.

Now where are you getting hitler from all that. :confused:
    It'll be interesting how humanity deals with these developments.

khmk wrote: »
    Will the sun be still burning in a million years?

what year is the sun going to burn out?

the sun doesnt burn out. but there's a switch on the side of it somewhere. if you can find the switch you can turn it off. will solve global warming if you leave it off for a few days.

the sun doesnt burn out. but there's a switch on the side of it somewhere. if you can find the switch you can turn it off. will solve global warming if you leave it off for a few days.

are you sure?

thought it worked on the immersion system?

why can't we just fuppin turn it off when we're not using it. :mad:

khmk wrote: »
    are you sure?

thought it worked on the immersion system?

why can't we just fuppin turn it off when we're not using it. :mad:

yea thats about right. its just that nobody found the switch yet. and it's pretty freaking hot once you get over there

yea thats about right. its just that nobody found the switch yet. and it's pretty freaking hot once you get over there

and there's no god.

• Advertisement
Advertisement