Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe book or website - healthy meals

• 01-03-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hello again.

I'm following the dietary advice on this forum in order to loose weight. I have cut down on the carbs; in that i have given up bread. I am eating lots of vedge and the meat I eat is lean. I don't eat processed foods, I snack on fruit and I drink plenty of water.

The thing is my meals end up being the same everyday with little variation. I have porrige in the morning and thats the bulk of my carbs. My lunch and dinner usually consists of fish or chicken and vedge. I tend to stirfry the vedge (brocolli is my favourite). I feel my options are limited all the time though. I suppose this is because I have been so used to eating processed foods and sandwiches that I lack any cooking know how.

Could someone reccomend a recipie book or a website to me. I have read the other thread on recession chicken snacks and I got some ideas there but I would like some more. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Moving to diet and nutrition....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

malman wrote: »
    Could someone reccomend a recipie book or a website to me. I have read the other thread on recession chicken snacks and I got some ideas there but I would like some more. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Gourmet Nutrition, ref: www.gourmetnutrition.com

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Found this old thread with lots of links.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=308383

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I find that any decent recipe book will do, but what you do is, you supsttute low fat variations of everything and it really cuts down on staurated fat etc. I use one called the 30 minute cook book, full of great quick receipes, such as tonight I'm making beef in orange with noodles, it is meade from scratch, and has about 5-6 ww points in it. Also use a low fat Italian one, the "Art of low calorie cooking" and "Fat free Italian". Using these I've made entire 3 course meals for dinner parties with 9 points in total and everyone including those not watching their weight loved them.
    Also just google low fat or low carb recipes and you'll come into some great websites like cooks.com.
    Good luck and truely variety will help you stick to you diet.
    Here's a quick one, butterfly a chicken breast open, rub paprika/garlic/onion salt (or any spice flavouring you like) into it. Add 1 teaspeeon of olive oil to a non stick pan, and fry the chicken breast for 4 minutes each side. I'd have this with a small portion of pasta topped with fat free greek yogurt, scallions and little tomotoes with some sugar snaps or frozen peas on the side. Very tasty and healthy.

Advertisement