Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone have a samsung le46a656

• 01-03-2009 12:06am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well planning on buy a samsung le46a656
    Anyone have anything to say on them before I splash out my 1.5k :)
    review I've found seem good enough on it overall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Have the LE40A686, a bit smaller obviously but I don't think there is a difference in features. The 686's are black with a clear edge and have a square stand, but otherwise don't differ from 656's.

Have to say it's a brilliant LCD TV, picture quality even on SD is excellent when you have the settings right. On HD it's amazing but have only used a HD feed from the laptop as I haven't invested in a Blu-Ray player yet; Xbox 360 is also great, blew me away on COD5!

If i were you I'd go for the 686 from Richersounds in Belfast: £999.95 +£20 delivery!

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-LE46A686

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

thanks for the reply. didn't know there was no difference with the 656/686
    I had searched that site and it didn't have it..
    Thats some price of delivery for them alright!
    think I'll go for that option alright.
    also like the extended warrenty for 99quid..
    what are they like though with problems and returns if I get one.. ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

what are they like though with problems and returns if I get one.. ?
    actualy is it worth getting the extended warrenty?
    LIke I'd have to bring the tv up to get it fixed and then collect it when its fixed..
    Just read there site.. they do collect and deliver it if theres a problem for a (small) fee,
    Just rang them too they said shipping is 40 sterling. so have they upped there price?

Their customer service is excellent, they'll bend over backwards to help if you've any problem! You need to tell them you're from Boards and the delivery is £20!

See over here for more info: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

Yea I thought there was some special.. so do you think when I ring I should chance my arm at getting something thrown in for free, or a bit off the price?

• Advertisement

No harm in giving it a shot anyways! I'd recommend trying to get a static euro price as with the flux in exchange rate, the price could be considerably different once your purchase it, especially at that high a price

Got the tv, its swheeet :)
    Since you have the same model ecept smaller..
    just wodnering right. if I turn it off by the remote(into stand by)
    the solid red light is on = its in standby.
    So when its in standby, and I press the power button on the screen the red light flashes..
    Does this mean its turned off?
    In themanual it says a blinking red lights turns to off.
    left it last night flashing taut it would stop but didn't..

Congrats!

I'm not really sure to be honest. If i do that on mine usually just flashes 3 or 4 times and then it should turn on?

Yea thats what it saysin the handbook, that it blinks and then turns off..
    just taut it would turn off but it doens't
    left it for the night flashing and came down the next morning and it was still doing it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MAGS124

I want to get the le46a656,would you recomend it &where can i get one

• Advertisement

MAGS124 wrote: »
    I want to get the le46a656,would you recomend it &where can i get one

Please read my post(s) above :rolleyes:

Advertisement