Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trailer Lights not working on new jeep

• 01-03-2009 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I had a trailer on my old car ('02 Avensis) and the trailer lights worked fine. I just changed to an '05 Landcruiser and the lights no longer work. They are not completely dead - they are not synchronized properly with the car lights. I heard that the wiring can be different on different cars. How do I change the wiring on the new car to match the trailer or vice versa ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You need to be very careful if you want to wire new trailer plugs on newer type vehicles.

A lot of them have can-bus systems which mean you cannot just splice into the wires

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Problem identified to frayed wiring inside connector which had some dirt in it also. Respliced the wires and reconnected and now working fine. It was obviously shorting out due to frayed wires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I would also like to add, Scotch locks should be banished forever.

I have seen more problems with rear tail lights because of them than anything else.

Thanks for the update redtop

Advertisement