Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football fools

Options
  • 01-03-2009 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Right, I'll get slated over this but am interested. Out in Galway tonight, had good night. Didn't drink as am in training. Girlfriend was meeting her mates and I met a few of mine. Of course the girls wanted to go to Halo. So we had a few pubs in before then and then there.

Bumped into a few of the footballers. Not being from Galway originally I don't know them. Some of my friends do though. Anyway, I watched and wondered. They walk around, girls kiss them on the cheek, all seemed too arrogant or preoccupied to talk to any of the girls and then they leave either alone or with a girl not able to stand. As I said, was sober so took to all in. I don't get this, do any of the young lads on that team have women? In general is this normal for people that train that much? I'm in training myself at national level for another sport and just wonder, where are the girlfriends? We all brought ours with us. I remember my single days, I thoroughly enjoyed them. But when a pretty girl tried to talk to me I listened. I actually felt sorry for them, anyway back to bed. Just a thought for the night, bit random but has left me wondering is all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

yourmano wrote: »
    Bumped into a few of the footballers.

Who are they then and why did you spend your time watching them?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Maybe they like just going out and getting laid with different women every weekend.

Whats wrong with that?? You jealous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lavaghball

are you taking about gaa or soccer players?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

defo GAA players.. often wondered that myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Was it this team? http://www.dublindevilsfc.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

defo GAA players.. often wondered that myself!

Ameteur sportsmen going around thinking they are superstars, whats the story with that??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Ya ok I wasn't very clear. I meant a few things, at home our footballers are just like anyone else and most have steady girlfriends. In fact one of my mates from school says he'd never have reached an all-Ireland without having her there to support him. As a result he can often stay in with her. I just wonder do these guys have girlfriends? Cos it didn't look that way. And they settled for the drunk ones making a show of themselves as opposed to the hot, half-decent ones. Maybe I've too high standards but I'd do otherwise. I mean Gaelic football by the way. As for why I was watching them, well myself and the lads were there with our girlfriends who were on the dance-floor. Go figure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Meh ! Who gives a **** :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

You need to chill man. Who gives a fook what they are at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Ya I suppose. I'd just never seen lads act so badly around lovely girls and pick the mingers before! Suppose we all want different things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I know some of the lads on the Galway team and girlfriends just are not a priority for the lads I know, football is. But I suppose to the naked eye it doesn't look great, I dunno, some are lovely. Is it that you thought they would have steady girlfriends with them? Not many have but in fairness they commit some time to the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

yourmano wrote: »
    Ya ok I wasn't very clear. I meant a few things, at home our footballers are just like anyone else and most have steady girlfriends. In fact one of my mates from school says he'd never have reached an all-Ireland without having her there to support him. As a result he can often stay in with her. I just wonder do these guys have girlfriends? Cos it didn't look that way. And they settled for the drunk ones making a show of themselves as opposed to the hot, half-decent ones. Maybe I've too high standards but I'd do otherwise. I mean Gaelic football by the way. As for why I was watching them, well myself and the lads were there with our girlfriends who were on the dance-floor. Go figure!

they should start winning a few matches

Advertisement