Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton V Newcastle Match Thread Sun 1st March

• 01-03-2009 4:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

A must win game for the Toon as it's becoming ever tighter down at the bottom half of the table.

Hopefully Martins will be back for this one.

Will be a close game but I reckon we (the toon) can sneak a draw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Another dreadful performance from us today. Absolutely shocking. I just want this season to be over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

a9v4gk.jpg

Charlie wrote: »
    a9v4gk.jpg

Thank you for that. Needed a good laugh.

I'm actually starting to warm to the idea of relegation. The club is going nowhere under Ashley, Wise, Kinnear etc. It will just be season after season of this tripe as long as they are here. Knowing that his investment will turn to sh/t if we go down, gives me a sick kinda ironic joy.

For too long, this club has been on a life support machine. It's time for someone to finally pull the plug.

Was thinking about relegation myself. In some ways it's good but on another hand we'll struggle completely.

If we get relegated we'll be rid of Ashley etc but we won't have any of our top players. We'd struggle completely but no more than we have been for the past two or three seasons.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was thinking about relegation myself. In some ways it's good but on another hand we'll struggle completely.

If we get relegated we'll be rid of Ashley etc but we won't have any of our top players. We'd struggle completely but no more than we have been for the past two or three seasons.

They way look at it is, under Ashley, we'll forever be stuck in ths rut. I would rather go down to the Championship, re-build, and have a go at it, rather than the road to nowhere we seem to have been on for the last 3-4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I don't want to talk about today, that performance and result has RELEGATION stamped all over it. I truly can't bare the thought.

Aside from that, I think it can be argued at this stage, that pound for pound, Shola Ameobi has to have been the worst striker in the Premiership over the last 10 years. The stats show he has 50 goals for us, averaging 5 a season, although a large share of them came in the Intertoto Cup.

And yet every manager / caretaker manager seems to pick him. Only Keegan was sane enough not to let him near the team. In fairness to Sir Bobby, he used him sparingly, and since then he's managed somehow to regress. Yet another insipid display today saw almost every attack breakdown when he got the ball. I fear that he will bring us down to his level, the Championship, next season, while we'll then be stuck with him leading our attack for another 10 years.

God save us.

kinaldo wrote: »
    I don't want to talk about today, that performance and result has RELEGATION stamped all over it. I truly can't bare the thought.

Aside from that, I think it can be argued at this stage, that pound for pound, Shola Ameobi has to have been the worst striker in the Premiership over the last 10 years. The stats show he has 50 goals for us, averaging 5 a season, although a large share of them came in the Intertoto Cup.

And yet every manager / caretaker manager seems to pick him. Only Keegan was sane enough not to let him near the team. In fairness to Sir Bobby, he only used him sparingly, and since then he's managed somehow to regress Another insipid display today saw almost every attack breakdown when he got the ball. I fear that he will bring us down to his level, the Championship, next season, while we'll be stuck with him leading our attack for another 10 years.

God save us.

KK for a third go??? :D anyways,

Aye, Kev wanted him out the door ASAP. Nearly conned Stoke for £5 million for him didn't he. I can't fathom how Ameobi gets on the team sheet every week, let alone stays on the pitch when Oba is hauled off. Seriously, he must have photos on all the coaching staff having some sort of gay orgy.

What his inclusion does tell though is that Kinnear is very much the manager, and is clearly pulling the strings from his bed.

There are so many things wrong with us, it's gone beyond a joke.

All I want is our club to be run the right way. That's all I ask for. One season without us being the laughing stock. None of these simple straight forward things seem realistic.

Advertisement