Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Irish Pub in a Hotel (Temple Bar Region)

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi - Apologies if this has been covered before but I need the advice of the local Dubliners.

I have a group coming over from the States in June and they want to stay in and around Temple Bar but they are looking for a hotel that as part of it has a traditional Irish pub attached. Now I know the area relatively well but can't for the life of me come up with somewhere suitable.

Can anyone help me out with some ideas/alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They're out of luck if they want it attached to a hotel, having said that yer average yank wouldnt know what a traditional irish pub was if it landed on him, so I'd go with blooms hotel :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The best I can suggest, based on personal experience, is The Harding Hotel on Fishamble St.

Its just enough off the tourist trail not to be too touristy, has mostly a local crowd with Karaoke on Friday night, Ballads from 5pm-9:30pm Sat then a cover band from 10pm to closing (1am) then Sunday you've ballads from 5pm to 9pm again.

A smashing boozer, and the hotel has recently undergone an extensive upgrade with very nice rooms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

THe hotel in Smithfield (Park Inn?) used to always have trad music - might be worth checking if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tipp-Boy

Thanks Everyone - much appreciated. It'll give them some options. Want I can't get over is the drop in price of accommodation in Dublin - its now cheaper than Killarney!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

A few minutes from Temple Bar is the Clifton court Hotel just on eden quay http://www.cliftoncourthotel.ie/index.html Theres a great boozer part of it called the Met bar that does trad music Friday + Saturday. Was great craic the last time i was in there and they do very nice food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement