Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would both of these monitors work on the 360

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Both have VGA and will work

The samsung also has DVI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I had the 22" version of that Samsung one and it worked a treat. Just buy a VGA cable and you're sorted. (bloody lovely monitor it is too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cheers, anyone on here use a monitor for the 360 and could recommend one? I'm looking at the 26' ones now. It will be going into the bedroom.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2293124/art/asus/vw266h-26-wide-tft-screen.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JmcG

I've been using a BenQ G2400W since last year and find it great.

I primarily use if for my main pc now (there was a issue with audio over HDMI with the new 360 update for ages - supposed to be fixed now though) but I did use it with my 360 for a few months (worked great, video through HDMI, audio piped out through audio output on right side of monitor).

Have no problem recommending this monitor. Works great for movies, games and everyday use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

What exactly do you need to hook up an xbox to a monitor? At the min ive a small tv where I cant even read the writing in street fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

joe123 wrote: »
    What exactly do you need to hook up an xbox to a monitor? At the min ive a small tv where I cant even read the writing in street fighter.

move closer to the screen? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I know what ya mean. I used to play my 360 on a 14" crt when i got it first. Playing anything with a map(Like fps's) was near impossible The map would be designed with a hd tv in mind so it was unreadable with the crt, no matter how close you were to the screen

You'd definitely be doing yourself a favour getting a monitor or hdtv for the 360. What you need is the 360 vga lead. All monitors have a vga connection but some dont have speakers so make sure it does. Better, newer monitors may have a hdmi connection which is better yet

duploelabs wrote: »
    move closer to the screen? :D

Ive actually tried that. And it doesnt really relate to my question...at all.

No speakers in my monitor :(

Would you not be better off just buying a TV?

Would you not be better off just buying a TV?

If i had 400 euro to spend on a tv then of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hard to get a 1080p TV for €400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ive actually tried that. And it doesnt really relate to my question...at all.

No speakers in my monitor :(

The VGA cable comes with seperate RCA plugs for audio (the red and white yokes), so you can plug it into a stereo or whatever.
    I used my 360 on a 19" and 22" monitor and loved it to bits, they were both so much nicer than the (larger) CRT tv I had at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Hey, didn't want to start a whole new tread so thought I'd just hijack this one...

I'm looking at some monitors with built-in speakers, these mainly:

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=5HC4&CategorySelectedId=11109&NavigationKey=11109,51060000&InMerch=1

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=5H8P&CategorySelectedId=11109&NavigationKey=11109,51060000

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1365818/art/iiyama/prolite-e2207wsv-b1-22-wi.html

And was wondering what the sound quality is like with built-in speakers? Would I be better off getting one with no sound and getting stand alone speakers or is it grand, especially considering I play with headphones half of the time anyway? Anyone have and can recommend any of the monitors above?

Console gaming is almost as bad as PC gaming now with the amount of updates and upgrades required...

Cheers.

U.W.

Advertisement