Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exporting windows mail

• 01-03-2009 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

I am just wondering if there is an easy way to export windows mail email and folders to a memory stick and then import that data to outlook on a different pc via memory stick?

I am not sure on how to do it - perhaps easier to set up outlook on the first pc and then export mail to that and then copy outlook to outlook?

Hope the above makes sense?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Now I did find this:

You can export accounts also:
    Tools, Accounts, select the account, Export. Do this for each account.
    It saves the account info in a .IAF file, which can be imported by OE.

However before I do this I am wondering if it will take account of the various folders that exist in windows mail? I have 5 email addresses some old but wish to take them all across to oe on a vista machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

google is your friend

exporting accounts is not what you want i think it will just take your account details as in mail servers etc.

its your personal folders you want in outlook they're a *.ppt file i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Thanks mate!

I'm trying google but helpful mate to have the .ppt extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

I think you mean .pst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Cheers mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Do you want to export from outlook on one pc to outlook on a different pc?

Hi Dipso,

I have a lot of email on a laptop in windows mail. I would like/need to transfer it all to a desktop in OE.

Both comps are using vista as the os if it makes any difference. All the emails on the laptop are categorised by company, person etcetera and it would be nice to get all the folders on the new comp where possible.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Just to say what I did in the end was set up Outlook on the laptop and I then transferred in all the window mail to outlook. This worked a charm. I then exported all the mail as a .pst to an external hdd and imported same file from hdd into Outlook on the new pc.

It was a piece of cake in the end. My contacts will not import all in one go but that is not a major concern.

For the record I could not export from windows mail to the hdd - just would not work. Maybe mail being a freebie ish package lacks a few things?

Thanks for all the advice above!

Advertisement