Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marcell Dettman

• 01-03-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Anyone else a bit dissapointed with his set last night? There was a good few shoddy mixes in there i thought and no real direction in the set.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

I just randomly ended up in Twisted Pepper last night, I enjoyed the sweatbox in the basement, although his set didn't really go anywhere, but was good

The music upstairs could have been a lot better, it was very boring to me, so boring that we left..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Thought he rocked it myself. I was giving it sox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Never heard of him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

jonny68 wrote: »
    Never heard of him....

He's a resident at Berghain.......

Missed it, got caught up in the rugby.......he was good at ILT though...

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    He's a resident at Berghain.......

Missed it, got caught up in the rugby.......he was good at ILT though...

sorry man you've confused me even more wht the hell is Berghain:eek:

• Advertisement

It's possibly the most famous techno club in the world.....in Berlin of course....have been meaning to go for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Number 1 club on this list and pretty much universally regarded as the best club in the world at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

its a huge gay club were open gay sex happens on a regular basis, it's absolutely off the wall and is with out a doubt the best club i've ever been too, you'd want to have an open mind to go and not be a homophobic

So let me get this straight, this place is a Techno club and a gay club where people openly have sex:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

• Advertisement

I'm sure it's a good club but you'll never get me going there if there are gays having open sex,that would turn my stomach,and before someone accuses me of being homophobic,you couldn't be further from the truth,sure didn't i go The Shaft here in Dublin for years and that was 80% gay but there wasn't people shagging in front of everyone:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

well there's a whole area set aside down in the basement of the club for gay sex but its not unusual for it to happen in other places in the club, theres these cubby holes in the walls that people can sit in, some weird **** goes on in them, dont forget its in berlin which is an extremely liberal city, its also originally a gay club, still is, just so many straight people go there now too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

brianc27 wrote: »
    its a huge gay club were open gay sex happens on a regular basis, it's absolutely off the wall and is with out a doubt the best club i've ever been too, you'd want to have an open mind to go and not be a homophobic

Haha, the "Pod" is at number 95 in that worlds best club list! :D

100. Cafe Barzilay, Tel-Aviv
    99. Flex, Vienna
    98. Kubik Barcelona, Barcelona
    97. Cacao Beach, Bulgaria
    96. Hardpop, Ciudad Juarez
    95. Pod, Dublin
    94. Cocorico, Rimini
    93. Egg, London
    92. Privilege, Ibiza
    91. Hyde Park Café, Tampa

What next? Coppers in the top 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    What next? Coppers in the top 10?
    Ive never been to that place but ive walked past it pretty often, I hate those places where its all about how cool your shirt is and how many football kicks you can give some poor lad to the head afterwards.

SteveDon wrote: »
    Ive never been to that place but ive walked past it pretty often, I hate those places where its all about how cool your shirt is and how many football kicks you can give some poor lad to the head afterwards.

Haha yeah. How long was Dettman's set incidentally? I just read an interview with Nick Hoppner (MyMy) who was saying he finds it hard to pace a 2 hour set....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

It was about 2 and a half hours if i remember correctly, i can understand that its probably a lot different to the sets he usually plays etc, i dunno tho there was something about him tho, he didnt look that into it, the last few djs ive seen in the twisted pepper have been giving it socks and interacting with the crowd, (ben klock being a good example), but i think that was missing with dettman

Funny ya should say that, check out this review i did below....a lot of people weren't happy with it!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=5710

Feedback appreciated of course!

Advertisement