Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelancing

Options
  • 01-03-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get started on a bit freelancing. Just small simple jobs. What's the best site to get started?

Currently signed up to:
    Scriptlance.com
    getafreelancer.com
    eufreelance.com

Is there any other major ones that's worth a shot. Also, any hints or tips as to the best way to go about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Recruitment agencies would probably be better I'd think. They will be localised to your area. If you are looking on the sites you list for projects being outsourced internationally, then you'll be competing with people in Asia and Eastern Europe who can charge lower than normal rates here. No harm in including them, but I'd prioritise recruitment agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

pwd wrote: »
    Recruitment agencies would probably be better I'd think. They will be localised to your area. If you are looking on the sites you list for projects being outsourced internationally, then you'll be competing with people in Asia and Eastern Europe who can charge lower than normal rates here. No harm in including them, but I'd prioritise recruitment agencies.

I should have stated that I just wanted a few odd jobs in my spare time for a bit of extra cash!! :D

Still currently in final year in college and have a job lined up for the end of June. I have been doing a bit of work for friends of friends and people in my area for the last couple of years, but was looking to keep this part time freelancing going. I think it'd be also be a good way to brush up on programming skills/keep up with the latest trends and keep finances going!

Would recruiting agencies cater for this sort of work or would it be more so contract work?

Advertisement