Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow risk Tuesday evening and night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Top of Truskmore blanketed.
    Big fluffy flakes were falling.
    Looks like 2-3 inches on cam. (I have a friend who has a friend...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

everything but the kitchen sink forecast i see.heres the 3 hr chart. 3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Excellent:D:D

you definitely came back at the right time Pangea:)
    Yes indeed i did! :D
    Just looked outside, all the mountains are covered in snow! :eek:

a great look at the colder airmass just waitin to come down:DdiAMB725eP728

gfs_6-12_30.png

• Advertisement

Can someone explain all these charts lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Seems to match the satellite view! Now to find out if there'll be any thunderstorms. Very little chance of snow in Dublin imo.

Pangea wrote: »

the two charts joined are of what type of precip we can expect.colder wintry conditions don't come down till after 6pm.the big one is the airmass chart.plain to see what your lookin at there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

On those above your post, I think pink is good - for snow lovers....

Snowing on Mullaghanish and Maghera (Mullaghanish first).

Looks like snow on Woodcock Hill (Clare) as well. But just blurs on cam, so can't confirm.

Is anyone interested in these mountain reports? Won't bother if not. But will continue to monitor if interested. I realise it isn't necessarily relevant to the lower elevations nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Rain turning sleety here right now

Snowing on Mullaghanish and Maghera (Mullaghanish first).

Looks like snow on Woodcock Hill (Clare) as well. But just blurs on cam, so can't confirm.

Is anyone interested in these mountain reports? Won't bother if not. But will continue to monitor if interested. I realise it isn't necessarily relevant to the lower elevations nearby.

all reports welcome to see extent of this:)

looks like this is gona be short lived, milder by friday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

looks like this is gona be short lived, milder by friday :rolleyes:

two days of wintry at this time of year is not to be sniffed at!:)

yeah i guess ,
    I would love a big snow storm like new york is getting though lol

yeah i guess ,
    I would love a big snow storm like new york is getting though lol

as would many of us except for people like mike65:P

we could get something appreciable overnight. there is a couple of active troughs set to come into the north west around midnight. okay we won't get anything like the snow in New York but Donegal, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim and parts of Roscommon should get some modest accumulations overnight. an inch of lying snow by morning would do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dwpg83

in dublin 4 at the moment, currently drizzling. earlier you could see little bits of sleet mixed in with it, but very small amounts. wouldnt be at all surprised if it snowed tonight were I live, i.e. leopardstown/stepaside area. any other thoughts?

very heavy downpour here at the moment with some sleet mixed in.i'd say cause precip so heavy.awful pity twas not all snow cause we'd be laughin at new york.:pac:

dwpg83 wrote: »
    in dublin 4 at the moment, currently drizzling. earlier you could see little bits of sleet mixed in with it, but very small amounts. wouldnt be at all surprised if it snowed tonight were I live, i.e. leopardstown/stepaside area. any other thoughts?

yes, some showers should make it across to the east overnight and through to tomorrow. although, i'm not fully convinced the showers by day will be exclusively of snow on lower ground

turning increasingly wintry.im 75m above sea level.surrounding hills must be worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Heavy snow in North Kilkenny - about 750 feet altitude.

Sticking.

Its like snowballs falling out of the sky....

Min wrote: »
    Its like snowballs falling out of the sky....

had a feeling it would be higher cause some of those big chunks here too but nothin like what your seein.any more accounts of this higher up folks from round the country?

Mt. Leinster has light coverage of white stuff.

Snowing at Kippure. Hasn't stuck yet (at least in view of cam).

Looks like it may have rained at Maghera. What was sticking has mostly disappeared except for one clump visible stuck on a windscreen wiper.

Nothing visible at Woodcock Hill now.

Good thick blanket remains on Truskmore.

Probably won't have any more updates til later, and that's providing friend can keep me posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Still waaay too warm in Dublin.

Confab wrote: »
    Still waaay too warm in Dublin.

Temperatures fell like a rock here and the rain turned to sleet and then snow.

Light snow falling now.

just watched gerry murphy there and he says snow will fall across the country later tonight in form of showers but mostly confined to west and north

Min wrote: »
    Temperatures fell like a rock here and the rain turned to sleet and then snow.

Light snow falling now.
    You must be on high ground?

i notice the NRA baltinglass report for 3pm is 2.9c under the same rain band as me.It must be getting very sleety over there too.
    DP's this side of the country are typically at most only 1.5c below the air temp so that would translate to 1.3c perhaps dp in baltinglass

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sleet/Wet Snow here, but turning more to sleet/rain as it becomes less heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 gowayyalanger

Derryveagh Mountains in North Donegal are lovely and white. Snow line too high to affect Muckish pass road. Just driven from Falcarragh to Letterkenny that way, Aghla Beg gloriously white.

Advertisement