Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow risk Tuesday evening and night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Wasn't too bad about an hour and a half ago in Dublin CC

Since then it "feels" like the temp has took a nosedive.

Its now drizzling too with what looks like small sleety bits in it. Still too warm for any snowfall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

My wife is at home in Roundwood (I'm in Bray). She sent me a message saying that it is snowing and sticking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

A shower of sleet and snow just hit here now. Not cold enough for anything to stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Just heard its snowing in Rathdrum also, wonder how much we are going to get... will the bob sledge get used again..

ahh the plot thickens..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has turned to (very) wet sleet here now in the last 10 minutes.

Current temp. 3.8c (was 10.0c around 1pm) DP +2.2c

• Advertisement

Heavy driving wet snow here!

Lol I wasn't expecting that!

Temp down to 2.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A very heavy shower of sleet with bits of wet snow at the moment.

75 (34 members & 41 guests)

nacho libre, arctictree, DOCARCH, toe_knee, glossy, Auvers, fletch..., redsunset, francosp, pistolpetes11, thomasj, slainte13, voxpop, gowayyalanger, AOR, Min, Lady_North, APMom, MollyZ, disland, LeperKing, Confab, claytonie, HashSlinging, PCPhoto, Blackhorse Slim, dave_dunne, boardsdotie, DaveD

amazing what a bit of snow does:)

Very heavy snow here now!
    temp 1.7c dp is 0.5c
    It's blowing along like a fog in the strong wind

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

75 (34 members & 41 guests)

nacho libre, arctictree, DOCARCH, toe_knee, glossy, Auvers, fletch..., redsunset, francosp, pistolpetes11, thomasj, slainte13, voxpop, gowayyalanger, AOR, Min, Lady_North, APMom, MollyZ, disland, LeperKing, Confab, claytonie, HashSlinging, PCPhoto, Blackhorse Slim, dave_dunne, boardsdotie, DaveD

amazing what a bit of snow does:)

I check in most days to see if there will be any developments, and I can say I am pleasantly pleased and surprised

• Advertisement

judging by the clouds i'd say there is definitely thunder around the place this afternoon. meanwhile the sleet has turned increasingly to snow with glorious big blobs now falling:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭WorriedSick

Very heavy snow here now!
    temp 1.7c dp is 0.5c
    It's blowing along like a fog in the strong wind

Hey Black Briar, are u on high ground?

Nothing here in Dublin City Centre at the min !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

judging by the clouds i'd say there is definitely thunder around the place this afternoon. meanwhile the sleet has turned increasingly to snow with glorious big blobs now falling:D

yes interesting evenin and night ahead.hope the showers come a good bit inland.theres some amount of them waiting.

lHBDFsb3S9gii

francosp wrote: »
    Nothing here in Dublin City Centre at the min !

and nothin will happen but rain cause this front was a high ground event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

redsunset wrote: »

Why don't you tell him about Santa while your at it :rolleyes:

Opr

Hey Black Briar, are u on high ground?
    Nope only 162ft asl.
    Back to sleety rain now though!
    That was interesting.

opr wrote: »
    Why don't you tell him about Santa while your at it :rolleyes:

Opr

ok i will.santa lives in the north pole and comes once a year on dec 24th-25th,are we happy now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

Any webcams in Wicklow to see whats the current?

Really ? I thought Dublin was to see some whit stuff overnight ?

No ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

just had a sleet shower, so will it get any colder later?

francosp wrote: »
    Really ? I thought Dublin was to see some whit stuff overnight ?

No ?

im talkin bout that main belt thats movin off into england and wales.whats comin behind is more promising in way of wintry showers,especially later tonight

im talkin bout that main belt thats movin off into england and wales.whats comin behind is more promising in way of wintry showers,especially later tonight

Oh nice one. Sorry for my ignorance, I've been addicted to this board ever since the snow a few weeks back. Im not up on the forecasting/terminology bit. Sorry.

Anyway, here's hopin for some snowfall later tonight, even if its just a sprinkling I'll be happy !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

according to meteireann most of the showers will be in the north and west i.e. ulster, connaught and west munster. they don't seem to think they'll spread much inland tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

just had a shower of snow, medium sized flakes, im here on the coast in mayo, a mile from the ocean, just back from berlin, didnt see a flake of snow there, and its march!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Nothing here other then rain at the moment.

Snow has settled on the fields less than 2 miles from here which means snow was falling at the back edge of the front down to about 50mtrs [here] and settled at 100 metres which is practically sea level!
    The hills above that are very white.Croghan looks alpine.

Not a bad call by dm2 a few days ago if you ask me ;)

During that 20 or 30 minutes of snow here I had a west wind directly off the mountain which often drags the snow with it if it is snowing up there and it did :)

according to meteireann most of the showers will be in the north and west i.e. ulster, connaught and west munster. they don't seem to think they'll spread much inland tonight.

if there are active troughs later on tonight i think the showers will make it well inland.

though as always the west and northwest are most likely to get the bulk of the showers - with some of them possibly being prolonged

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

heavy showers now brewing off the coast here, more snow me thinks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

if there are active troughs later on tonight i think the showers will make it well inland.

though as always the west and northwest are most likely to get the bulk of the showers - with some of them possibly being prolonged

Current Forecast
    hr.gif

03 March 2009 16:20

Today
    Rain and sleet in eastern parts, with snow on high ground, will move away eastwards in the early evening as clearer weather and wintry showers of hail, sleet or snow continues to spread from the west.
    Tonight

Tonight will be very cold with further wintry showers across the country, the showers most frequent in the west and southwest and some of the showers heavy and possibly thundery. Winds will decrease light to moderate westerly inland and temperatures fall to between +2 to -3 Celsius giving a sharp to severe ground frost with a risk of icy patches

the latest meteireann reckons the west and south west.. is this an error i.e. did they mean northwest? though per the radar seems a lot of showers in the south west.

Advertisement