Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow risk Tuesday evening and night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

All those heavy looking showers out west on radar are dying out before getting half way across country.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Snowing here in Limerick and making me mad just looking at it :mad: Its supposed to be Spring FFS! Any ideas on when some "proper" weather is coming our way (e.g 30-40c :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

filo87 wrote: »
    Snowing moderately in Cork for the last 20 minutes.It's lovely and powdery and it's sticking:D

what part of cork are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Would i be right, not to be hopefull for snow in Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

snowing in cobh co cork :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Snowing in North Tipp.....lovely and sticking too!! Woo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

crushproof wrote: »
    Snowing in North Tipp.....lovely and sticking too!! Woo!

Indeed, heavy snow here atm.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unlikely for any snow in the east from this, showers are dying out once they get towards the west midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sighface

no snow as of yet in letterkenny :( (co donegal)

went outside to check and the cars just have a thin thin thin layer of snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

We don't have snow here yet but can see snow on the Dublin mountains!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

lookee here:
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Scotland is where it's at, nothing but a few showerlets on this here island

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

snowing heavily here in Co.Limerick for the last ten or so minutes!

So much for my 30 min commute to work, 90 would be more like it tomorrow...the slightest bit of snow and its 15mph all the way for the driver up front! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Snowing on Mullaghanish and Maghera (Mullaghanish first).

Looks like snow on Woodcock Hill (Clare) as well. But just blurs on cam, so can't confirm.

Is anyone interested in these mountain reports? Won't bother if not. But will continue to monitor if interested. I realise it isn't necessarily relevant to the lower elevations nearby.

I'm definately interested in these reports. Reckon we both know the same person too!

Many thanks for taking the time to post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

heavy snow in the city. actually it is the heaviest i have ever seen it in Limerick. it is all melting though as soon as it hits the wet ground

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

cul-2008 wrote: »
    snowing heavily here in Co.Limerick for the last ten or so minutes!

So much for my 30 min commute to work, 90 would be more like it tomorrow...the slightest bit of snow and its 15mph all the way for the driver up front! :rolleyes:

is it sticking on the ground? snowing in north cork as well but only sticking on the cars..a bit heavier and it would stick i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Some hefty enough showers earlier tonight , mix hail/snow , light covering atm , lets see what the night brings , will i see my 8th (9am) morning with snowcover this winter :D.
    t 0.6c/dp 0.9c/nw 5.3mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

is it sticking on the ground? snowing in north cork as well but only sticking on the cars..a bit heavier and it would stick i'd say.

partially...has stopped since my last message though..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Its sticking here 140M asl in North Cork.
    Very heavy shower just passed, place is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Snowing moderatley between Ballincollig and Macroom in Cork, for the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

My friend in Co.clare said he has snow , he said he hasnt seen anything like it in years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Very heavy snow here in Limerick at the moment. Despite the ground being very wet earlier it's starting to stick. If it freezes over it will be dangerous driving conditions in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Theres fcuking snow!!!! And its sticking yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! In limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

E_Al_4.jpg?ts=090303185614
    i notice us folk in the east are gettin pay back.hope ye lads in the west and south are gettin something similar to this scottish cam.im small bit hopeful a few reaching far east,maybe toward morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Theres fcuking snow!!!! And its sticking yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! In limerick!

Ya very heavy here in Limerick for last hour. A very nice covering indeed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yes it looks like the south west and mid west is getting the best of it.

meanwhile here there is light snow. i just hope it will eventually get heavier!!

There is actually a serious covering here in Limerick now. Savage!! Believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

yep , nice snow here in Limerick City. Not major sticking where i am and seems to have stopped at this very moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nothing sticking to road, i was just out in it! Its brilliant! I made a snowball and put it in my freezer for proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

P3040002.jpg

• Advertisement

Sticking here big time in Castletroy and still bucketing down

Advertisement