Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow risk Tuesday evening and night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

redsunset wrote: »
    forecast from nw.
    During the day, a secondary low pressure system will spin across Ireland and then southeast toward southern England, as it does it will serve to really pep up and organise the showers, with some very squally and thundery downpours (of rain, sleet and snow) likely to run through Ireland this afternoon and into southern England and Wales during the evening and overnight.

could be interesting but this evening and tonight looks good at the moment for us lads in the east.we'll wait and see.

ukprec.png

it does some seem to be setting up for an organised band of showers here now but i doubt we'll see anything more than rain or sleet out of it at lower levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Looks like more snow on the way for the West and South. Big band on its way.

Delighted as we got shafted the last time wit the East getting most of it . BELIEVE!!

sleet here now. too bad this band of organised showers didn't come at night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

darkman2 wrote: »
    Right im calling it. Heavy Rain will turn to Snow during Tuesday. .

fair play darkman not too far off

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

4.2C / DP 2C , thats it for me , cold rain .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

did anyone see 1pm news.showed all the snow and disruption in west and cork.looked like winter wonder land:D

Leinster
    Display:
    aw22.jpgvalid from 03.03.2009 06:00 CET Until 04.03.2009 23:59 CETSnow/Ice
    Awareness Level: Yellow
    snowfall 1-5 cm
    "Scattered wintry showers later today, tonight and tomorrow will lead to snowfall accumulations in places, mainly on high ground during the day but all areas are at risk after nightfall."
    :
    aw32.jpgvalid from 04.03.2009 06:39 CET Until 04.03.2009 18:59 CETThunderstorms
    Awareness Level: Yellow
    lightning-risk "Moderate to high risk of thunderstorms today with hail and sleet in places."

Starting to sleet in Lucan.
    BRING IT ON :)

Snunderstorm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Snowin for a while in Galway city. Nothing stuck though

3hr-rain.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

How about tonights odds?
    Any chance of a change of thread title to Heavy snow Wednesday night ? lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowing here.

it looks like the main band of showers went further south again:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Almost all gone up here, but some pretty photes at first light.

After warm sun, the sky is darkening now though...

ukprec.png

new gfs out and still very good for that precip on east-south east later from 9pm,hopefully its wintry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Funny how the weather can be so different in the same country.

I am in Swords and it is beautiful and sunny at the moment. Freezing cold but really bright.

there is wet snow falling now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Rain falling in Cork
    What a waste:rolleyes:

its getting heavier now and the temperature has dropped to below 4c. too bad i didn't get this during the night

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hope as forecast some of those showers move east - conditions getting good here : 3.0c (and dropping) DP -0.4c

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Hope as forecast some of those showers move east - conditions getting good here : 3.0c (and dropping) DP -0.4c
    And similar here at the other side of the mountains.
    2.8c with a dp of -1c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

2.2c here now with DP -1.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

redsunset wrote: »

new gfs out and still very good for that precip on east-south east later from 9pm,hopefully its wintry

12Z GFS looks good for snow around midnight in my neck of the woods. Would nearly prefer a TS though....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

In D.16 also, no clouds to speak off. Been clear mostly all day. Is there clouds/precip forecast for Dublin this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Major hail outside in Enfield, Meath. But i think its turning into snow now.

Cloudy here so steady on 2.7c/-1c
    Stats like those should mean snow *if* showers appear.
    I'm not confident that the blob of precip for the south east tonight will materialise to be honest.
    But I've been wrong before.
    There does seem to be a shower train in full flow now just north of here mind you.
    I can see the acca trail from it and the cb's.
    You'd want a fairly strong umberella up towards lug by the looks of things.

Hills are dazzling white.

Snowing constantly here the past 3 and a half hours!!
    Very heavy , Some of the biggest flakes i have ever seen
    There was no mention of this in met eireanns forecast either lol
    I think we are gona get another dumping tonight

Further heavy snowfall forecast

Further snowfall is being forecast for Donegal tonight.

It comes as South Donegal schools were forced to close their doors today as heavy snow rendered routes across the region treacherous.

Met Eireann says there’s more to come.

Snow fall is expected this evening and tonight with temperatures dipping to below freezing in some inland areas.

Motorists travelling through Barnsmore Gap this evening are being urged to proceed with extreme caution although most other routes in the county have improved considerably.

Met Eireann says further disruption can be expected tomorrow.

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2009/03/04/further-heavy-snowfall-forecast/

Today

Heavy snow showers in many areas this evening and tonight, leading to some accumulations. A risk of scattered thunderstorms. Sharp to severe frost overnight also, with some icy roads. Lowest temperatures of 0 C to minus 4 C.

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    There was no mention of this in met eireanns forecast either lol

MET.ie @ 16:32 : "Heavy snow showers in many areas this evening and tonight"

:confused:

Advertisement