Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The quest for a top four spot continues.......... Aston Villa vs Stoke Match thread.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

fucccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

****ing Whelan

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

for **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ah now thats just stupid not been able to see that game out, I thought maybe I was wrong to predict 5th but nope now I'm certain we will only finish 5th.

Not playing full team Thursday now just looks plain stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bye bye champions league football, useless ****ing *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Speechless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

don't tell me it's 2-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Well done Stoke and fair play Glenn Whelan, you bastard.

Those two points would have been very nice.

Villain wrote: »

Not playing full team Thursday now just looks plain stupid.

No it doesnt, it looks stupid because Villa were 2 up with 5mins to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ah villa what are you doing. Good chance to cement the place there. The battle will go on now for a while more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Des wrote: »
    don't tell me it's 2-2?

please please

edit

get in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

fcuk, 500 euro last man standing down the drain. ahhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jaykay74 wrote: »
    fcuk, 500 euro last man standing down the drain. ahhhhhhhhhhh

evil laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Indeed. Very unfortunate result for Villa. These things happen. Only the players are to blame for this one.

Nope doesn't matter what way it got there the result now shows MON made a huge mistake, we are out of Europe and have lost 2 easy points and if you look at the games ahead this was our best chance for a win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I hate Aston Villa:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Without any hesitation Agbonlahor should be dropped for the next game. Absolute sh*** he was today, missed two sitters and lost the ball pretty much every time it was played to him. Useless twit cost us the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

How did we not win that?

there were good goals by stoke but we really should have killed off that game earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

What a bad way to end the match.
    Stoke had more of the never say die attitude than we did.

Very disappointed now, what a waste :/

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

That's fckd up.

Missing Laursen and NRC big time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

s**t happens, it's all about how ye pick it up after this.. that's why you always have to favour the big 4 at this stage of the season despite the points gap, though it might be different with arsenal only playing young lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Just lost me £220 on the acca, fncking stoke.

wynters wrote: »
    That's fckd up.

Missing Laursen and NRC big time.
    It was fu*king Stoke at home, we shouldn't need NRC or Laursen, still can't believe we gave up a chance of the Uefa cup for that performance.

Nope doesn't matter what way it got there the result now shows MON made a huge mistake, we are out of Europe and have lost 2 easy points and if you look at the games ahead this was our best chance for a win.

I disagree, but im not looking for an argument. Im just gutted:(

I disagree, but im not looking for an argument. Im just gutted:(
    I'm gutted too and I have been MON biggest fan, but that decision now looks just stupid, I think it can go two ways now, either roll over and lose points to City and Spurs and then lose to Pool, Utd and Everton and finish 5th or 6th

Or we pick ourselves up and beat City and Spurs and get something from the Pool, Utd and Everton matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Martin O'Neill better invite me to dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well for 85 minutes Villa looked like a superb team in this game. Then suddenly it looked like they fell asleep. The first goal for Stoke came at this time after a short period of sloppy play especially in defense from Villa. Credit where its due and that goes to Glenn Whelan who made a huge difference when he came on. I don't have a problem with Villa conceding that second goal, there was nothing they could do about it in fairness. Its the first goal they conceded that you have to ask questions about. A team that looked so superb and professional seemed to think it was all over and stepped off the gas and thats not good enough.

I'm gutted too and I have been MON biggest fan, but that decision now looks just stupid, I think it can go two ways now, either roll over and lose points to City and Spurs and then lose to Pool, Utd and Everton and finish 5th or 6th

Or we pick ourselves up and beat City and Spurs and get something from the Pool, Utd and Everton matches

I agree with you on Villa finishing 5/6th alright. Today should have given us enough of a cushion to go into a the next few tricky rounds of fixtures with a cushion. Playing City/Pool and MU away from home in quick succession means Arsenal are well able to get back above us, they play WBA, Blackburn & Necastle in March. Ominous times for Villa.

Advertisement