Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ah ffs!!!

• 01-03-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Japanese publisher Sega seems to have no love for the long-delayed, canceled and then reborn Aliens: Colonial Marines as it has decided once more to push the game’s release back yet again for a possible 2010 release, instead of its original Q1 2009 release.

Ragin man i have been waitin on this game since hearing about it in early 08, first it would be out in late 08, then march 09 AND NOW it is march 2010! :mad::mad:

Maybe if i stop lookin forward to it will be out next bleedin week :mad:

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/aliens-colonial-marines-pushed-back-role-playing-game-possibly-cancelled/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

was looking forward to that too, according to play.com it was gonna be out this month...

It will probably never come out now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

well thats sh**e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, stinks of vapourware to me...
    Perhaps they've pushed it back to tie in with the release of another aliens/avp film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

There still selling it on Play.com with a release date of 26/03/2010.

Its in the top ten pre orders!

So its probably not cancelled, but we'll be waiting a long time for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

shouldn't this be in games, since it's a multi-platform game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

helios12 wrote: »
    well thats sh**e

Yes, yes it is
    tman wrote: »
    Aye, stinks of vapourware to me...
    Perhaps they've pushed it back to tie in with the release of another aliens/avp film?

I had heard rumblings of not only another avp but an aliens movie as well, could only find talk about an avp one here
    CKWPORT wrote: »
    There still selling it on Play.com with a release date of 26/03/2010.

Its in the top ten pre orders!

So its probably not cancelled, but we'll be waiting a long time for it.

I may be wrong but surely they would just refund the money to accounts if game goes kaputski?
    shouldn't this be in games, since it's a multi-platform game?

I put it in here as i was/want the xbox version, didnt even know it is/was supposed to be on the ps3

GAAman wrote: »
    I may be wrong but surely they would just refund the money to accounts if game goes kaputski?
    Most sites wouldn't take an authorisation from your card until the game is ready to dispatch, games getting canned is never really an issue with online shops afaik...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I heard they were rushing this out even though they knew it was sub-standard, so its actually kinda good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

tman wrote: »
    Most sites wouldn't take an authorisation from your card until the game is ready to dispatch, games getting canned is never really an issue with online shops afaik...

I am nearly sure that when i pre ordered two games (halo 3 and kane and lynch iirc) that the money was taken off my card straight away, must keep an eye on that next time i pre order

I am nearly sure that when i pre ordered two games (halo 3 and kane and lynch iirc) that the money was taken off my card straight away, must keep an eye on that next time i pre order

That might have just been a pre-auth to make sure there are funds on your card, if your bill is sent out while the pre-auth is in place it can appear as a charge even though it is automatically lifted. It definitely doesn't happen with play.com anyway, I preordered Resi 5 with them a month ago and it hasn't shown on my credit card bill yet

Off topic post is off topic ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

IIRC, All credit card companies will cancel deposit transaction if the lead time is > 2 months.

This happened to the Pandora pre-orders before xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

There were rumours going around recently that SEGA pulled funding for it along with the Aliens RPG that was in development.

On the bridge side there will be a new Aliens vs Predator game for 360 and PS3, made by Rebellion :D (for those who don't know, Rebellion made the original Aliens vs Predator on PC, which was amazing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Rebellion have made quite a lot of rubbish lately though. Call of Duty World at War on the PS2 was total ****. They're a good developer but they've not entirely unknown to rush games out to meet a deadline.

Advertisement