Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats right with DIT

Options
  • 01-03-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I started a thread whats wong with DIT a week ago and in the interest of fairness i thinks its only right i get this one going too.

What i think is good about DIT is the people.I think the majourity of my lectureurs in CB are really good, friendly and approachable. Although it does take ages for exam results, but i wont start! Lectuers in DIT do go above and beyond the call of duty and unlike most colleges they care about you.And your not just a student number.

I think the porters provide an unreal and under valued service, even if they can be occasionally be a bit grumpy!I don't think they have porters the way we do in many other colleges. Its so handy just having someone you can go to; to ask for directions to any of the DITS, clasrooms, officess and around town.

The canteen in Cathl Bruagha is the business, although don't know about the price hike but the food is plentiful and ya can have a bit of a buzz with the lunch ladys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Eye candy in Aungier St. always brightens up the worst Monday mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

We've got some top totty around the place alright. Check out your wan Jen who was just elected to the SU! All of a sudden I feel the need to be involved with the SU, heh heh heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Lecturers are very approachable and the relatively smaller class sizes make the transition into third level pretty smooth!

Oh and i have to agree, the CB canteen it's brilliant, highlight of my time in CB. But i left for Kevin St and the canteen here doesn't even compare! Breakfast is nice though!

CB didn't do breakfast when i was there, do they now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

mcerc wrote: »
    I started a thread whats wong with DIT

Like all colleges it has its wongs and it has its wights. I like to keep things even - 1 wong, 1 wight

1 wong - The city is our campus? Unfortunately its our car park too

1 wight - DIT is very very highly thought of in the working world and any mention of having attanded or attending appeals to prospective employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Voltwad wrote: »
    Eye candy in Aungier St. always brightens up the worst Monday mornings
    this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

On the plus side, DIT is one of the few places that carries the one true fuel.

Jolt Cola my friends:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Most of the lecturers have real world experience. Unlike other colleges where the lecturers can be purely academic and never actually exist a day in the real world, DIT (in my experience) tends to gather lecturers who have learned by doing.

There is a nice relaxed lecturer/student relationship compared to many institutions. While this makes everything more personal etc, I also think it can have an effect on professionalism when it comes to following guidelines etc.

Small class sizes are a definite plus.

Most courses are geared towards the workplace, which is an edge over other colleges (unless you're into all things academic, in which case I don't really think we have any "orts" courses.)

In Aungier St. you're never lacking for computers. Many courses have their own specific facilities.

Advertisement