Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your local League - hows it work.

• 01-03-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Around here, we have teams of 9.
    League matches are played best of 9. 3 doubles and 6 singles.
    Doubles are best of 3 legs, singles best of 1 (stupid I know).

Knockout is best of 19. 2 legs home and away with the same format as above, if it goes 9-9 theres on final doubles game with one of the pairs from each team playing a best of 3 to decide the winner.

Personally I hate the system as 1 leg in the singles is not enough. think it should be best of 3 in each. Plus it leaves no room for draws in the group stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I think here in roscommon, it is 7 players and best of 3 all singles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

in the Borough league it's 8 games best of 3, all singles. if you win five games you've won the match but play all 8 games

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

We're 8 singles, best of 5, play all eight games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Rushtown Darts league is 6 singles matches on the night

each singles match is best of 3

so there can be a 3-3 draw on the night or as big as a 6-0 win

its been interesting first season, we've won the league, so its been fun being regularly on a winning team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

We're 8 singles, best of 5, play all eight games

think thats the best way of doing it. best of three is too short you can't really get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Have not played in the league for a good few years but I know at the moment its 9 games, 6 singles, 3 doubles and all the best of 3 legs. Every game is worth a point so you can get all 9 points if things go well( when I last played it was just 2 pts for overall winner on night)

Now this new system backfired on my local just last week as the A team were playing the B team and A team won 7-2, at the end of the night signing the sheets both teams agreed to write down it was 9-0 but unknown to them 1 of the players was texting the rival team how things were going, he had left by the time they agreed on this 9-0. They were found out and lost all 9 points:D.
    I think its a bad scoring method as 2 teams from the 1 pub playing each other probably do that often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

In North Westmeath it's 8 games, best of 3 legs each, 1 point for every game you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bulldog0906

well in the banagher and district darts league we play the best of 15 games
    it works out with 6 games of singles 1 game 501 then we play 3 sets of doubles with 3 games 501 and i one game of singles any one can win one game our format does'nt suit or good players in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Our league is as follows:

Teams are made up of 4 players. Only one sub allowed to play througout the league for any team.

First to eight games over two nights (home and away) With 7 games played each night. If it is 7 - 7 an extra tie break game is played.

Games are played in the following order:

Game 1: Team game 1001 One leg.
    Game 2: Singles 501 Best of 3
    Game 3: Singles 501 Best of 3
    Game 4: Doubles 701 Best of 3
    Game 5: Doubles 701 Best of 3
    Game 6: Singles 501 Best of 3
    Game 7: Singles 501. Best of 3

Each team player gets to play singles and a double games.

I point awardes for each game.

The same format is played in the return match. The extra deciding game is another team game of 1001 (one leg). If the match is won before all games are played the teams usally play out the remaining singles for fun so everyone gets a game. Probally not much fun for the losing team.

The interesting thing is that it is a KNOCKOUT LEAGUE. If you lose in the first week you are out until the next league starts up. (there is a losers group though).

Once it gets to the last four (semi final stage) the same format is played out but it is a race to 5 points played over one night only. Singles are increased to the best of 5 with the doubles still played over best of 3 legs.

If the score is 4 - 3 after the seven games reverse doubles are played to see who gets to five points first. A coin is tossed to decide which team can nominate which of their double pairings are going to play. The other team has to send out their doubles pairing that did not paly these players earlier in the night. Doubles are again best of 3 701's

If the score is 4 -4 after this game the other two players on each team play one last deciding doubles game (again best of 3 701's) to decide he winner.

The final is palyed over the same format as the semi final again over one night.

I hope this is not to confussing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ivers57

North City Darts League is 8 games of singles all best of 3legs.
    4-4 draw is a fairly common thing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

In the Boho/Derrygonnelly league in North-West Fermanagh we have 6 players on a team with an open draw 6 singles and 3 doubles. There was four teams in the league this year and we hope to have 5 next near. 2 points for a win, no draws as it is best of nine and each singles and doubles game is best of 3 legs.

If a team leads 5-0 we still play out the nine games incase score difference is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

shiibata wrote: »
    9 games, 6 singles, 3 doubles and all the best of 3 legs. Every game is worth a point so you can get all 9 points if things go well

Same in our league, the knockout cup is first to 4 with the legs best of 5.

Advertisement