Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to find Contact for Ex Congo personnel

• 01-03-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    My dad asked me to post this . A friend of his recently passed away and Did the tour of Congo. Is there a society for Congo personnel? or a contact . I know there is a UN retired service men on but is there one for Retired Congo personnel?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Please contact these guys.. CLICK HERE

These guys do an untold service for UN Vets in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

My Old Man is a Congo Vet.

He was based in that Barracks on Benburb St... As was I.

I brought him around the place the week I left, amazing to hear him recounting his memories, he's usually not a story telling type guy.

He has no interest in being contacted on this event, sorry. Guess that's his prerogative. At 73 yrs of age I'd respect his decision.

Utmost respect to all who served there.

Advertisement