Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a 3pay sim be converted to 3pay broadband

• 01-03-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I happen to have a 3 modem which is out of contract. If I get a 3pay sim can it be used on in the 3 modem as 3 pay BB. I mean the 25 euro a month jobbie?

I really don't need a new modem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I happen to have a 3 modem which is out of contract. If I get a 3pay sim can it be used on in the 3 modem as 3 pay BB. I mean the 25 euro a month jobbie?

I really don't need a new modem.

Thanks

Yes, put in the 3pay sim, go to https://my3.three.ie, set the sim up as a modem through access settings, then the 3pay internet add on's become available to purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Excellent thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You're welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I was hoping to do the opposite, use my 3pay sim as a pay monthly sim with my exsiting modem. Apparently i cannot do this without either purchasing a new modem and sim or getting the free modem and signing an 18month contract. I really hope three will increase their PAYG BB to 15gb allowance from 10gb. I mean we are paying 5e a month more than pay monthly

This is 3 we are talking about. :)

Are you still using the UK sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

no i brought an irish PAYG sim/modem last year!

Fair enuff so. I was looking for a solution to the high cost of wifi in UK hotels.

Advertisement