Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco ClubCard Deals

Options
  • 01-03-2009 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

*Not sure where to post this, so mods feel free to move as appropriate*

Does anyone know if Tesco are still doing the ClubCard deals anymore such as days out, magazine subscriptions etc...?

I know that the BuyandFy (Sp) points have been cancelled, and I think the Stenaline offers have too?

I recently went into Tesco to get a ClubCard Deal booklet (the form where you send off your Tesco Vouchers in exchange for a free meal, day out, magazine subscription etc...) to be told that they didn't have anymore of those booklets and the person thought that they had been cancelled.

Now the staff member didn't seem too sure, so to double check I went back to customer services again a week later in the hope of picking up a booklet, only to be told again by a different staff member that they were cancelled.. again though, this person didn't seem to sure and spent a few minutes looking for one and was going to ring someone about it, but then they figured that they had been cancelled..

Anyone know what's going on? They're still listed on the Tesco website...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

*Not sure where to post this, so mods feel free to move as appropriate*

Does anyone know if Tesco are still doing the ClubCard deals anymore such as days out, magazine subscriptions etc...?

I know that the BuyandFy (Sp) points have been cancelled, and I think the Stenaline offers have too?

I recently went into Tesco to get a ClubCard Deal booklet (the form where you send off your Tesco Vouchers in exchange for a free meal, day out, magazine subscription etc...) to be told that they didn't have anymore of those booklets and the person thought that they had been cancelled.

Now the staff member didn't seem too sure, so to double check I went back to customer services again a week later in the hope of picking up a booklet, only to be told again by a different staff member that they were cancelled.. again though, this person didn't seem to sure and spent a few minutes looking for one and was going to ring someone about it, but then they figured that they had been cancelled..

Anyone know what's going on? They're still listed on the Tesco website...

Don't think they are canceled. Not sure if you are in ROI or NOI, but the clubcard service is quite bad in Ireland! They do not offer ecoupons!!:(

Heres a link to the form, download and print:
    http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/

And the brochure is here:
    http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/dealsbrochure.htm

Let me know how you get on,
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are still doing these offers. The booklet was posted out with the last set of quarterly vouchers. This thread just highlights tesco's poor customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EllaB

Deals still on and have ordered the magazines as presents for friends, you send in your vouchers and they send you a token to post to the mag you want. If you have any problems there online customer service is really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

Point to note folks, don't get irish ferriesvouchers with your clubcard tokens unless you plan to travel with a vehicle. Recently transferred clubcard vouchers to IF vouchers, rang to book only to be told that "we dont accept tokens for foot passengers". Rang tesco CS to complain and they just refunded tokens back to clubcard. It is actually on the irish ferries website in small print but very small ! No hassle with tesco though, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

also the Irish Ferries deal is being discontinued after May 31st anyway (thats the last day for travel)....

apart from that the scheme seems to be going strong - they're still adding new deals every few months. I've been using the Insomnia vouchers quite frequently and have also recently received a Linguaphone course through them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

The clan here usually convert the tokens into vouchers for Apache Pizza! (http://www.apache.ie/)
    2.50 in tokens convert to 10 euro worth of pizza which I think is a great deal.

Beer and cold pizza - breakfast of the Gods!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Can you order the mag sub for a friend? Order form is just asking for my name and address. What happens, do i get a voucher for the subscription or is the mag sent directly to me.

Want to get a magazine sub for somebody for Christmas!
    Thanks,
    D in Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Can you order the mag sub for a friend? Order form is just asking for my name and address. What happens, do i get a voucher for the subscription or is the mag sent directly to me.

Want to get a magazine sub for somebody for Christmas!
    Thanks,
    D in Dub

I'd also like to know that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I don't know but the tel no for that dept is:

00800 00591688 I know that number looks weird but it works and it's free and you can call from mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EllaB

Hi,
    Fill out the request that you can download from the tesco site. You will then be sent out vouchers that you can send into the various magazines. Do not order readers digest they never complete nor are they able to find lost orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

;) Thanks for that. Good to know about RD - was considering it as present.

Advertisement