Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April...any new packages?

Options
  • 01-03-2009 6:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Anything to look forward to guys?...speed or cap increases, maybe a price reduction?
    Personally i'd prefer a reduction in contention ratio for the higher end packages....whatcha think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We've got the National Broadband Scheme, some lucky people out there are going to be getting some great deals

/I'll get my coat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

new upgrades are pointlesss, the eircom network cant even handle the last set of upgrades. Cant see Eircom upgrading for another year or 2 at minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

There's talk of packages being increased up to a maximum of 24mbit at some point in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Moriarty wrote: »
    There's talk of packages being increased up to a maximum of 24mbit at some point in April.

Interesting , where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

iRock wrote: »
    Interesting , where did you hear this?

It will be announced very early in April for sure. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Moriarty wrote: »

I'd say it'll be selected exchange only, LLU providers only for example
    Most people won't benefit from this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

LLU providers already offer this. (Smart BT Magnet)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

What I would like to see instead of faster speed packages is Eircom improving their bandwidth in the exchanges, adsl2+ enabling all exchanges and switching all customers on the 3, 7 and 7.6meg packages to adsl2+ along with the lowering of interleving on the 7 and 7.6meg packages so that much more of us can get closer to the speeds thats advertised and better latency. Faster packages atm are pointless when the majority of users are barely able to get 5megs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Enable adsl2+ on every exchange and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Transfer top residential packages & 7.6 meg business packages to adsl2+ equipment and I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd prefer to see them enable the remaining exchanges, and remove all pairgains, so as to give the thousands of people with no broadband at all some kind of hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Thats why i pushed the idea of lower contention ration, 7.6 package is 24:1...reducing this to 20:1 or even better 16:1 would be of help, maybe up the cap to 40GB P/M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats why i pushed the idea of lower contention ration, 7.6 package is 24:1...reducing this to 20:1 or even better 16:1 would be of help, maybe up the cap to 40GB P/M.

The caps already 50GB pm on the upto 7.6mbit and they don't enforce it anyway. Who's to question contention either, nobody outside Eircom themselves has enough access to calculate it.

I'm with jor el, I'd prefer to see them taking people off pairgains and sorting those who have nothing

does anyone know if there are plans in Eircom to adsl2+ upgrade the many exchanges that are not yet enabled? The exchange im on is one of many that is still only on adsl1.

Advertisement