Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B&W or Colour? plus a little C&C if you please

• 01-03-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

As it says on the tin really...which (if any) works best.

I havnt done any landscape stuff in quite some time, so im feeling a little rusty and am really unsure if these work or not.

3319782286_a16ea4c2aa.jpg
    3318950585_4ea3569010.jpg

3318962249_fc565b80f5.jpg
    3319792744_252e2aa3dd.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm fairly a newbie at Landscape but colour for 1st pic and black and white for 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Not sure on the first...

Second one : colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Cheers lads, nice to see two contrasting opinions already :)

CM, are you not sure because you cant decide between the two...or because the pictures just a bit rubbish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Colour first and B&W for 2nd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

colour #1 and b/w #2.

I like #1 a lot as a landscape but find the composition of #2 a bit overpowering in the foreground. A personal opinion but too much of the leaf covered(?) ground in front of the image.

Think the first one is great though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Eirebear wrote: »
    CM, are you not sure because you cant decide between the two...or because the pictures just a bit rubbish?

Well, it's not because its a bit rubbish... It's just I can't really see much in it.. It's a bit cluttered for _my_ liking...I'm not really sure where to be drawn to in it.. It's just not my style is all :)

because of that I suppose it's making it harder to distinguish a difference between the two

Cheers ACD i get where your coming from with regard to the second, the idea was to try and add something tangible to the foreground...in this case it was the curve of the (very slight) hill covered in leaves, with the intent of drawing the eye towards the background.

I'll try cropping it a little when i get home from work, see how it looks then.

Well, it's not because its a bit rubbish... It's just I can't really see much in it.. It's a bit cluttered for _my_ liking...I'm not really sure where to be drawn to in it.. It's just not my style is all :)

because of that I suppose it's making it harder to distinguish a difference between the two

Sorry dude, didnt mean to put words in your mouth.

I seem to be going through a bit of a confidence crisis at the moment, and i know if there is one place where i will get straight criticism when needed its here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I like # 1 in colour and in this instance I pefer # 2 in colour also. I find the b/w foreground a bit boring in #2, maybe a bit to much of it.. No need for crisis with your confidence:) both are nice shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

B&W for first, colour for second. With a possible slight bump in the saturation on the second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Colour for both imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

1st : Black and White

2nd: Sepia and bump up the contrast on foreground.

Paul

Advertisement