Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

knocking noise from a 250 cbr HELP

• 01-03-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

:rolleyes:hi there ,i have a tech question,i just brought a 250 cbr (94) nice bike in all ,but there is a knocking noise which seem to be comming from the chain?,not sure ,but that direction anyway,i tenchen the chain ,so it still has a bit of slag,i am 100 % sure its not to slag or tied<now the hammering,knocking sound seems to get louder when i increase speed and the knocking is getting faster then ,i can slightly fell it in my left foot.:confused:
    any one out there who would know ,that be great.
    i am very handy with my hands ,so hopping to fix it myself if pos,so i get to know the bike.
    you should know i do fix old 80's cars up as a hobby,so i do know a bit how to work tools.
    thanks a mill in advance.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

It's hard to know without seen the bike. Did you check the front spocket to see if one of the teeth is broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Check all the links in the chain to make sure there are no seized links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭volker 991

Bryn wrote: »
    Check all the links in the chain to make sure there are no seized links
    :eek:that sounds like what it could be ,would explain the symtems :cool:,will check this out tomorrow ,if so i guess i need to find the seized link and free it or do i need a new chain?
    thanks so far,will update tomorrow night.
    :D

Brabazone wrote: »
    It's hard to know without seen the bike. Did you check the front spocket to see if one of the teeth is broken?
    i did check the sprocked, should have mention that,thanks anyway Brabazone:)
    still learning ,and always will:D:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Could also be a fecked bearing

• Advertisement

Could also be a fecked bearing
    where would that likely to be?need somewhere to start.:confused:

volker 991 wrote: »
    where would that likely to be?need somewhere to start.:confused:

They'd be the wheel bearings inside the center of the wheel

They look like this

http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/50245734/Wheel_Bearings.jpg

If you got a rear paddock stand you might be able to see if theres a bit of play in the wheel. I had bearings go on mine during the year, couldn't figure out what it was, but the mechanic was able to check quick enough.

Also had another problem which I thought was a bearing but turned out the rear brake caliper wasn't slotted into the frame correctly, was just sitting on the brake disc but was making a knocking noise at the rear.

Just some ideas anyway!

will get a stand sounds like a tool i should have in the garage in the future,since i got a bike now...:rolleyes:lol

volker 991 wrote: »
    will get a stand sounds like a tool i should have in the garage in the future,since i got a bike now...:rolleyes:lol

Usually get a good response to questions on biker.ie too, best post up an introduction first though or you'll get some abuse :)

This might be of use.. theres no haynes manual for a cbr 250 but this is close enough
    http://download348.mediafire.com/tlndeiuzewig/bg5lzabv512/Haynes+CBR400+Manual.zip

Hi all ,i did not manage to get to the garage ,would be a pain to try to find the ceased link without a stand i figured as well.
    i will leave the bike from wed on at home ,the weather is getting wintery so there say,will take the cage and pick up a stand on wed and pick up a link just in case,grinding the stiff one of and fitting a linkage should do the job?at least until i get a new chain or dont i need one with a new link?:confused:
    thanks again for all your help so far ,fair play to you all ,good to know there is still a good community out there to help one a other.
    i will pass on my findings on a new thread.
    BTW.any one need to spray something(fairings or tank) drop me a mail i have the the stuff to do it in my hobby workshop ,can bake at 40 degree C.
    can spray for you to.,glad if i can help....:)

• Advertisement

Hey mate, I know you're probably not changing the chain but if you were you'd need to change the sprocket as well. They're changed as a pair otherwise one will wear the other down within a couple of months and reduce the life expectancy. Maybe you know that anyway, but just in case.

Hey mate, I know you're probably not changing the chain but if you were you'd need to change the sprocket as well. They're changed as a pair otherwise one will wear the other down within a couple of months and reduce the life expectancy. Maybe you know that anyway, but just in case.
    :pac: cool ,was thinking that much,but thanks anyway,much welcome advice,if i cant find it easy or the chain is fine when i have her on the NEW stand on wed i will bring it to redline in ruthdrum(are there any good):confused:

Advertisement