Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bathroom suites

• 01-03-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

i have been on the net looking for bathroom suites - going through various websites like 'megabad' etc. came accross 'aquabliss' in the uk and was wondering if anyone has dealt with them or knows anything about them. any advice on what to look out for when buying bathroom suites off the net. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 newbuild08

hey
    just wondering did you have any luck in buying your bathroom appliances online, im on the look for shower, 2 power (preferably one rain shower) and 1 electric and the prices im gettin in local shops seems very high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mr_mags

ended up dealing with aquabliss,very helpful,i phoned them(number on website)and they dealt with all queries i had.not bad on delivery,around 2 weeks.delighted with quality of stuff(not installed yet,but looks great and feels sturdy and plumber gave all clear)bought 2 full suites fully kitted out for a lot less than for 1 here.thumbs up here

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

hi mr_mags - what brands do aquabliss supply? i have come across other online sites but none that seem to sell brands that are available in ireland in the bathroom shops. i'd like to buy online to save a few bob but ideally would like to see the items before purchasing them to see the quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Has anyone dealt with www.reutersbathrooms.com in Germany for bathroom stuff?. Is there sill savings online today with the irish shops having deals and sales on all the time?
    Anyone bought radiators online or reccomend a good brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

clogher71 wrote: »
    Has anyone dealt with www.reutersbathrooms.com in Germany for bathroom stuff?. Is there sill savings online today with the irish shops having deals and sales on all the time?
    heatline radiators wouldnt be bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

mr_mags wrote: »
    ended up dealing with aquabliss,very helpful,i phoned them(number on website)and they dealt with all queries i had.not bad on delivery,around 2 weeks.delighted with quality of stuff(not installed yet,but looks great and feels sturdy and plumber gave all clear)bought 2 full suites fully kitted out for a lot less than for 1 here.thumbs up here

Have you installed? If so any issues with sizes? Thanks for the lead this site looks very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mr_mags

hi fitzie,from what i gather from my partner,i think they make their own stuff and sell it to other suppliers.what we did is bought one item,i.e sink or toilet, to see the quality,and then ordered all the rest.as i said we're very happy with quality of stuff and all the bits and bobs that we needed were sent also.handy to ring them before ordering if you have any questions.

fatima:not installed yet,but plumber said all ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

clogher71 wrote: »

Yes, I have. Bought the contents of WC, Shower room and en-suite from them plus various bits and bobs (toilet roll holders etc). We opted to visit the showrooms (Aer lingus to Dussledorf) and made a mini-break of it, we have two small boys, anytime and anywhere away is a break.

Service in the showroom was excellent and we could see and feel most of the products. We got advice on which taps suited which sinks better and all that. Making sure we had all the right fittings, all in english.

We had a few problems with delivery, to be fair I think it was the Irish end of the delivery chain and our expectations.

As regards price, we bought a Villeroy & Boch Subway WC for €136 plus vat and it was broken by the builders who had to replace it locally for €259 plus vat. Gerbrit WC wall frame for €140 having been given a price from €300 to €600.

It was stress free getting all the bits in one go and in one place rather than having to go from shop to shop. Would have liked to have gone locally but could not get near the same prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Thanks for the info guys.

For any lurkers note the web address is

http://www.reuter-bathrooms.com/

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Bought from Megabad recently. Kitted out two bathrooms. Very happy with quality, price and service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 WexfordGirl

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Yes, I have. Bought the contents of WC, Shower room and en-suite from them plus various bits and bobs (toilet roll holders etc). We opted to visit the showrooms (Aer lingus to Dussledorf) and made a mini-break of it, we have two small boys, anytime and anywhere away is a break.

Service in the showroom was excellent and we could see and feel most of the products. We got advice on which taps suited which sinks better and all that. Making sure we had all the right fittings, all in english.

We had a few problems with delivery, to be fair I think it was the Irish end of the delivery chain and our expectations.

As regards price, we bought a Villeroy & Boch Subway WC for €136 plus vat and it was broken by the builders who had to replace it locally for €259 plus vat. Gerbrit WC wall frame for €140 having been given a price from €300 to €600.

It was stress free getting all the bits in one go and in one place rather than having to go from shop to shop. Would have liked to have gone locally but could not get near the same prices.

We got all our sanitary ware on the Reuters website and are currently waiting for delivery.

Ordered everything from the website (got all known brandnames e..g Hansgrohe, Duravit (not sure if I should mention these brands!). After I sent thorugh the order on-line they wrote back to me as I got a couple of concealed parts/accessories wrong - they suggested replacements and there was no problem changing.

The delivery cost was approx 530 E. Priced the exact same fittings locally and reckon we saved 4000 overall (2 bathrooms, small ensuite and a WC).

Fingers crossed we have no issues with the delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ButterDee

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any experience ordering from boundary bathrooms in the UK? Have been looking to replace the sanitaryware in my bathroom and ordering from them gets me better quality goods and I still save €700!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

ButterDee wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anybody has had any experience ordering from boundary bathrooms in the UK? Have been looking to replace the sanitaryware in my bathroom and ordering from them gets me better quality goods and I still save €700!!

No, but just a couple of words of caution. The taps are most likely high pressure which means a new Bath filler and mono basin mxr will set you back 300 euro. If you ordered a shower valve it is also likely to be high pressure a new one will set you back about 300 euro and if you ordered a toilet the float valve will most likely be high pressure setting you back 30 euro,

That being said you generally get better quality at a cheaper price in the ware and if your system is pressurised you will not need to worry about anything i said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ButterDee

Thanks for that Joey the lips. Actually went to a bathroom showroom here and had a look at what they could do for me. Went to check prices for the exact same items online and stumbled across the boundary bathrooms website. So the saving is actually based on exactly the same goods as I was intending to purchase here!! You'd have to wonder how the price differences can be justified?

ButterDee wrote: »
    Thanks for that Joey the lips. Actually went to a bathroom showroom here and had a look at what they could do for me. Went to check prices for the exact same items online and stumbled across the boundary bathrooms website. So the saving is actually based on exactly the same goods as I was intending to purchase here!! You'd have to wonder how the price differences can be justified?

Just to raise a point with you again on savings. 700 euro saving on a 1000 euro is 70% 700 saving on 7000 euro is 10%. There is something seriously wrong with the savings. If you are buying a branded suite and taps there is not this much of a saving. The only feeling i have is that you are buying non branded ware which is fine and good. But you will not get away trouble free on irish plumbing with non branded ware.

At the end of the day what you will achieve is more for your money at the same price. But i agree you would be mad not to take advantage of the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PC

Hi Wally Runs...thanks for all that information. We're thinking of updating our main bathroom at the moment and as we're on a tight budget a visit to Dusseldorf may be in order.
    Could you tell me how far the showrooms was from the airport and how did you get there...also what makes should we be looking for???

Cheers
    pc

Sure PC. The showroom is 40 minutes drive max from the airport if not less. We emailed in advance and got on to a Simone. She speaks excellent English and took us through the process. First up, set up your account on the website, choose your items. As many as you like. We measured up our bathrooms and tried various set ups. She went through the various bits we would need and options.

As for brands, we went with what was on special, Vileroy and Botch and Duravit. They are high end brands here but more common in Germany.

Having said that we had to get a replacement WC for the Irish supplier as the builders broke it and they did their best to match the price. (times have changed). Also because we were buying more than €1000 we got it 0 Vat using the builder vat no paying it locally.

You should not but the sink waste traps as they will not fit Irish pipes, they rest is fine.

Best of luck.

Hope, that helps.

Hi Wally

Delighted your experience went well they are excellent brands you bought. Do you live in an apartment? Because most times english mono taps bath shower mixers and shower valves are high pressure which will not work without a pump over here. The cost of the pump would do you out of any saving.

Just curious

No a normal house, although as part of the refurbishment we had the tanks moved to a basement and the system pumped. The bits that did not fit were the u-bend bits or in our case fancy chrome traps. The taps can be bought for pressurized system or not.

Wally.

No a normal house, although as part of the refurbishment we had the tanks moved to a basement and the system pumped. The bits that did not fit were the u-bend bits or in our case fancy chrome traps. The taps can be bought for pressurized system or not.

Wally.

Your taps are for a pumped system I would advise you to caution people when explaining to people the prices you paid. There will be a considerable difference in price and problems with the cistern on the irish system. Just have a plumber verify. Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PC

Hi Wally,
    Thank you so much fot that information. I hope you'll bear with us as I'm sure we'll have some more questions. We hope to travel to Dusseldorf soon after Christmas so I'll be in touch again nearer the date...hope you don't mind!!! Would Simone be familiar with the way our system works over here do you think???

Cheers
    pc

PC wrote: »
    Hi Wally,
    Thank you so much fot that information. I hope you'll bear with us as I'm sure we'll have some more questions. We hope to travel to Dusseldorf soon after Christmas so I'll be in touch again nearer the date...hope you don't mind!!! Would Simone be familiar with the way our system works over here do you think???

Cheers
    pc

No she wont. The irish system is backward and old fashioned. In fact most european cities stopped adopting our system when they were rebuilt in ww2. Kid you not.

again with due respect I am only giveing my knowledge I hope I am proved wrong and it saves you a few bob.

Advertisement