Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger help

• 01-03-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Hi bought 4 large beef burgers from flemmings the other night, i did two in a frying pan but it took ages to cook through, i want to do them in the oven/grill how long would it take do and what temp do you reckon? They're about an inch thick.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would just flatten them out more and do them. If you do have to cook them all the way through the full inch they can be dried out. On a BBQ I sometimes flatten them out really thin on a bit of tinfoil, this way you can flatten on a plate and stick the foil direct on the grill, so it does not break up and fall through. Once cooked a little it is soild and easily flipped.

If they are really wide they simply shrink up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Thanks , was a little pink in the middle tonight but it was cooked well enough will flatten them next time thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What I tend to do is start them on a griddle-pan/bbq at a really high heat for about 1min each side just to seal them and get a bit of colour on them then pop them into the over for 10-15 mins at about 190 depending on how welldone you want it, should work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

the best thing to do is to buy fresh mince and make your own burgers
    that way youll get them exactly the size you want
    then cook them on a HOT pan with plenty of black pepper and leave them pink in the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

best way to do it is, seaslyy them stick them into a preheated oven for about 10 to 15 min's at 180 to 200 depending on if you want it slightly jusicey in the middle...

• Advertisement
Advertisement