Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forecast Please

Options
  • 01-03-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guy's now's a chance to show how good you are.

I have to spend a day outside in Galway. Am I better doing this on Monday (Tomorrow) or Tuesday ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Why? Tuesday could be quite windy and at times squally. Monday might be your best bet, however it won't be a perfect day either.

I'll post again later after I have a look at some updated info. But it might help to know what your reason for being outside would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am a garden designer so I need a dryish day. Usually I record RTE's farming weather & then plan the week but for tomorow & Tuesday Sky & RTE differ a bit as to the extent of the rain. RTE seemed to be saying that there would be drizzle early on turning to rain all day. Sky's rainfall projection showed it as showers dying out then rain tomorrow but even they show Galway as dry tomorrow PM. I was going to check RTE's late forcast but I have heard a rumour that this may be recorded earlier.

I usually trust Sky's regional forecast for Ireland but tomorrow's won't appear until much later. Other than that I rely on the rainfall radar via my mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Okay, looks to me as though Monday may be slightly better, but both days will have some showers. Tomorrow, I would expect a morning of low cloud, occasional rain, then a somewhat drier period followed by heavy showers before sunset. Tuesday, I would expect rapidly passing and squally showers with bright sunshine in between, these showers being prone to hail or thunder at first, and then even snow by late in the day. The temps will be somewhere around 7-9 C tomorrow and 5-7 C on Tuesday but falling to 3 C.

Advertisement