Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zavvi problems, oh no!

Options
  • 01-03-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

For those of you who better understand consumer queries and the like, can you help me with this?
    For Christmas, I got the Friends boxset as a present but lo and behold when we watching it, we came to season two and there were two discs labelled "Episodes 9-16" instead of there being one for "Episodes 1-8".
    I have no idea where the receipt is, but it's not as if I'm trying to rip anyone off, I just want to get a replacement disc. Should I go to the manufacturer or what? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Happened me with a Westwing box set and Zavi replaced the whole box set, but if it happens again I'll just have to find another way of getting the missing episodes not too sure that writing to Warner Bros Entertainment will help.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Wonder will HMV honour it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

For those of you who better understand consumer queries and the like, can you help me with this?
    For Christmas, I got the Friends boxset as a present but lo and behold when we watching it, we came to season two and there were two discs labelled "Episodes 9-16" instead of there being one for "Episodes 1-8".
    I have no idea where the receipt is, but it's not as if I'm trying to rip anyone off, I just want to get a replacement disc. Should I go to the manufacturer or what? Cheers

As far as I know if you explain it to the shop they have to give you new ones! (Sales and Services Act)
    Your money is with the shop and so you do NOT have to go to the manufactuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

padocon wrote: »
    As far as I know if you explain it to the shop they have to give you new ones! (Sales and Services Act)

Problem is though, the shop Zavvi no longer trade or exist in any form in the UK and Ireland and has been completely wound down.
    There in lies the problem for the OP. Contacting Warner direct would be your only recourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

padocon wrote: »

Without the receipt, or other proof of purchase, the shop is under no obligation to help.

Since Zavvi was sold, I'd imagine the new owners take on all of their debts, responsibilities and warranties, but I couldn't be sure of that. Either way, a proof of purchase is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

jor el wrote: »
    Without the receipt, or other proof of purchase, the shop is under no obligation to help.

Since Zavvi was sold, I'd imagine the new owners take on all of their debts, responsibilities and warranties, but I couldn't be sure of that. Either way, a proof of purchase is required.

AFAIK Zavvi wasn't sold off to HMV. HMV in Ireland and UK bought out the lease on several premises that Zavvi had. They in no way purchased Zavvi, its debts, responsibilities & warranties.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I had a problem with Smallville on DVD a couple of years ago, basically the discs kept coming out of their holders in the post and were scratched to hell. Everytime I requested a replacement from DVDSoon and asked them to sellotape the DVDs down or secure them, I got the replacement but they didn't secure the discs. As we know DVDSoon went broke and took a lot of money with them.

I eventually emailed Warner Home Video (I googled their address) and explained my problem. They were really decent and replaced the entire boxset for me. May be worth a try in your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Had a similar problem some years back but I bought DVD in Dublin but I live down in Wexford rather than go back to Dublin what i did was I went around the local shops in my town to see if any of them sold the DVD box set I found a couple and the first one i went into I told them had no receipt it was gift DVD missing yadda yadda yadda and guess what I got a replacement even though I didn't buy it there :D

My advice try the same thing the worst that can happen is you don't get DVD but it could work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 OneThingIKnow

Something similar happened to me with a ER boxset that I brought from Zavvi's closing down sale. One of the discs in the set was faulty. I brought it back to Golden Disc and pretended a friend had brought it there as a gift to me (to explain why I had no receipt). They replaced the discs for me.

Try changing it in another store. The worst they can do is say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement