Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Frontiers - Limerick

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

So did anyone see the no frontiers episode on Limerick tonight? Was it any good? Would it make you want to visit Limerick??!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

no , i missed it :( any ideas when its repeated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Missed it too :(

but you can usually watch their shows the next day online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

bhí sé go maith. an gcathair deas i mo thuairm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We saw it. We thought it was a bit rushed.

She visited during the Munster All Blacks Match, attended the park, Clohessys, Hunt Museum, St Marys Cathedral, Adare Manor(High Tea), Strand Hotel and stayed in the Absolute Hotel.

She did say that Limerick used to be known as the City you would pass through going someplace else but now is a place to visit and has come a long way in 20 years.

20 years do seem a bit excessive and given her age a little strange.

At the beginning there were some great shots of the hotels, river, Crescent Shopping Centre.

If I were watching having never visited Limerick I would definately consider staying especially considering the Absolute was being advertised for €95 for two people B&B until the 20th April.

Good on no Frontiers. Shame about the girl in Taiwan. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Ya I saw it. She had nothing but good things to say about Limerick but as Berty said it did seem a bit rushed. All in all it was grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Berty wrote: »
    If I were watching having never visited Limerick I would definately consider staying especially considering the Absolute was being advertised for €95 for two people B&B until the 20th April.

That was Adare Manor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

I thought the city looked really well. Beautiful, fun place to visit.

That was Adare Manor

As I said I thought it was rushed. Apologies. Adare Manor is €95 PP.

So just to add more detail

http://www.rte.ie/travel/nofrontiers/20090301_limerick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats an unreal price for the manor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pfeiffer

I think they made a balls of it.

The City breaks on No Frontiers in general need a bit of work. They're missing the mark completely. In the last few weeks I've seen Vilnius, Athens and Limerick and they turned me off going to all three!

Kathryn started her piece saying she hadn't been in Limerick in 20 years and then a minute later told us how much it had changed. Was she not about 10 the last time she was there?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I thought the package was nicely put together and gave a good sense of match day atmosphere around town. They had some nice riverside shots in the piece as well as outlining the few tourist attractions there is in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

pfeiffer wrote: »

Kathryn started her piece saying she hadn't been in Limerick in 20 years and then a minute later told us how much it had changed. Was she not about 10 the last time she was there?!

She was in Limerick at the races a good few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paul-Fitz

I saw it and i agree that it was a bit rushed. It actually did not show the city centre which looks pretty good these days but all in all it was good cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

I haven't seen it but some people are never happy, a bit of good press for once and we have poeple complaining the programme was a bit rushed. Most of these programmes are edited from about 2 or 3 days filming and reduced down to 15 mins max.

Does it matter if she was never here before, she said it has changed and it has, what's wrong with that, it has changed for the better.

Pshan wrote: »
    I haven't seen it but some people are never happy, a bit of good press for once and we have poeple complaining the programme was a bit rushed. Most of these programmes are edited from about 2 or 3 days filming and reduced down to 15 mins max.

Why wouldnt we complain that it was a bit rushed?

Im sure most of the people using this forum have an interest in their city and would like to have seen more time dedicated to the city on the programme/city.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Yes, it did seem a bit rushed but all in all was a good report. Would make me want to visit if I didn't already live here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i thought it was grand, they should have shown shots of the city centre of streets etc..riverpoint wasent even in it! but ya it was a bit short..should have been a bit longer

Advertisement