Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to drag a UL lad on a date

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Keep it clean please, real suggestions GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fo'real?

umm, are you a UL lass as well?

the lodge will show how classy you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Question's a bit vague I'm afraid. A vague idea of a budget would help.

The easy answer is "the city" given that you haven't mentioned what this Lothario is into.

The smartass answer is "clubbing" as if you're going to "drag a UL lad on a date" you may as well knock him out first.

The convenient answer is "somewhere in the city with food". Men like food.

The personal answer is "get a tea-pot, some hot water, white tea, Mr Kipling's French Fancies and go for a nice walk down the river on a sunny day" but then I'm odd. I consider a weekend morning in the milk market followed by the eating of cake to be a day out.

Summary: find something in the city. Something that doesn't involve clubbing or a tea-pot. Not too helpful as suggestions go but if you come back with some pointers, one of the typical or garden male types will give you ideas.

no offense shay, but it might be a bit early in the relationship for a tea-pot and a walk.

only saying like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Myself and my OH went to the indoor pitch and putt the other week and had a great time. It was fairly cheap, €15 for the two of us, and I think it's open until 11 at night. The game lasts about an hour and gives ye a chance to have a chat while you're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Personally I like the smartass answer... maybe go for something to eat before hand (Shay is right ..... men like food)...but after that pub and club all the way....

You don't wanna be too serious !!

It's Scary:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

*Sigh* Dating is so overrated and I have an irrational fear of it; could be do with my commitment-phobia, though.

However, if you must... I second the uni-golf suggestion made by ergonomics; great craic altogether. Bar that, the only other option is, really, going for food and/or drinks. But at least make it as far as Synotts or Finnegans! Although, if you're like me, I'd definitely go for the Stables so that I'd be 100 per cent sure of meeting other people and no longer being 'on a date'. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The current edition of Pulse has all the answers you need....*ahem* :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote: »
    The current edition of Pulse has all the answers you need....*ahem* :o

Pimpin' your own wares I see?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Not much info there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Cinema seems like the obvious answer... if it's early days you don't have to come up with much to talk about before you go in and when you leave, you can chat about it over a sundae in mcdonalds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

sceptre wrote: »
    The personal answer is "get a tea-pot, some hot water, white tea, Mr Kipling's French Fancies and go for a nice walk down the river on a sunny day" but then I'm odd.

If liking French Fancies is odd, then I don't wanna be even (or whatever the appropriate opposite is here) :pac:

Bring him to Unigolf, it's a great idea as others have pointed out!

Also, welcome to UL Boards/Boards.ie in general!

Cinema seems like the obvious answer... if it's early days you don't have to come up with much to talk about before you go in and when you leave, you can chat about it over a sundae in mcdonalds!

Sundae...... hell no .... splash out for a McFlurry!!!!
    THe new Toffee Crisp one is savage btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

cinema is a crap idea unless you like the idea of not talking and sitting in silence for 2 hours and then at the end wondering if he is just going to lean over and kiss you or not even though you know him no more than you did two hours ago

its the easy option alright but the worst one

go for a pint in town to a pub that is not trooms icon or mollys ul lads dont really spread their wings too much outside of those 3 and there are plenty of nice pubs in the city

PeakOutput wrote: »
    wondering

Hehehehehe:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.............. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

DJCR wrote: »
    Hehehehehe:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.............. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it was possibly my gayest post ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

Alot of the replies discuss it as though it were the first date!!! At this stage I hope it's gone further than that. If so what I - as a UL lad - would personally be totally up for with a UL lass is a movie night. Just the two of ye on a couch eating pizza and ice-cream watching a movie... if it gets boring you can always turn it off and turn something else on! ;)

Cheap, Simple and .... oh yeah!! :P

Really all we want when we're on a date with you is that you are there and there with us...

by the way "drag" mightn't be the best terminology - sounds a little too much like it's unwanted - defeating the purpose of a date!

and update on said date? :)

I am 'that' bored right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

How serious a date? First date sure just go to storm otherwise maybe luigi malones then angel lane for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Personally I'd recommend you spent an evening together in the UL gym, it is a great facillity where you can get to know each other better.

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Personally I'd recommend you spent an evening together in the UL gym, it is a great facillity where you can get to know each other better.
    really? the arena?

novel i guess but how well whill you get to know someone between the grunting that isn't occurring between the sheets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

kaimera wrote: »
    really? the arena?

novel i guess but how well whill you get to know someone between the grunting that isn't occurring between the sheets?

Well you'll find out how flexible she is for a start. And there's always the pool :D

The Don wrote: »
    And there's always the pool :D

Thats it.... I'm done..... can we start extracting the Michael at this stage.....

please................ it's killing me... the cheese is just oozing.....
    I like the Breast Stroke

Sorry..... I know it was cheap but it had to be done:D:D:D

May I propose going to mass on Sunday morning.... just to bring the conversation back a notch (if I hear one word about confessions)!!!!

Thats it.... I'm done..... can we start extracting the Michael at this stage.....

please................ it's killing me... the cheese is just oozing.....
    I like the Breast Stroke

Sorry..... I know it was cheap but it had to be done:D:D:D

May I propose going to mass on Sunday morning.... just to bring the conversation back a notch (if I hear one word about confessions)!!!!
    the doggy paddle?

hopefully there wont be any false starts or he's so bad she goes freestyling

maybe he's a novice :P

if all else fails, she can use him as a pull buoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Seriously guys. I brought my current girlfriend, the lovely Linda, on our first date upstairs in the student union building for a roll at lunch time.

It was ideal. The leather coaches were great for make out time. Then when I had my fill I could surf boards on the wireless internet:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Seriously guys. I brought my current girlfriend, the lovely Linda, on our first date upstairs in the student union building for a roll at lunch time.

It was ideal. The leather coaches were great for make out time. Then when I had my fill I could surf boards on the wireless internet:cool:

I can see why you are called Tight Ted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

hey guyz, i already have a GIRLFRIEND, and when i'm done with her i post about it on the internet emot-smug.gif

But seriously, listen to this man. A lothario if I ever saw one!

OP, how about an update as to where you did drag him. We do love drama on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

Peteee wrote: »
    We do love drama on this forum.

It's no wonder half of those involved in the ULSU are on here, if ever I encountered a bunch of overly curious and dramatic people then it's there! :D

On the subject of drama, yes please do tell where he was dragged and more to the point if he ever made it out again!!! (you can read that in whatever way you want :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A general "how to go on a date" handbook could be a good use for some of them people from Americay that tumble around here from semester to semester.

The Irish, including myself, generally don't have a fv<king clue.

BD or whoever madame/sir is next year might bear this in mind;)

ninty9er wrote: »
    A general "how to go on a date" handbook could be a good use for some

Would that be an Education issue and come under the ULSU Education Office ????? :D:D:D:D

or a Welfare Issue maybe????:D:D:D:D

or a matter for Clubs and Socs??:D:D:D

ie. Connect (Dating Sevice)..........isn't that right BA Baracus :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

ie. Connect (Dating Sevice)..........isn't that right Klong :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you're mixing me up with someone else...

Advertisement