Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Tape

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Anyone any tips for preparing for this?

I would imagine watching alot of French TV with subtitles and stuff would be beneficial? Would get you used to hearing it.

Also, any help for the oral. Specifically, to help understand the questions and make the conversation flow more fluently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

For the tape, our teacher is advising us to lisen to the CDs that come with the French books. Don't think any of our class have tried it (including me:D), but it might be worth a shot.

In regards to Orals, I think it's important to be calm, and learn your verbs.

If you go in calm, and think about what you may be asked, you can come up with an answer that you've learned quicker.

If you learn what verbs are past, present and future, and look out for them when you're asked a question, you can at least get the tense of your answer right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Jam-Fly wrote: »
    Anyone any tips for preparing for this?

Get previous tape tests and listen, listen and listen again while doing the tests.

I was far from fluent in French when I done my LC but I trained my ear to pick out the answer easily enough from the filler. I was good enough to match and surpass the Higher Level students (I done OL) when doing the HL tape test.

Advertisement