Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for things to do in Limerick on a date??!

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Anything but the cinema please! Early twenties and absolutely stuck for original ideas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

-Bowling on the ennis road
    -Mini-golf in Unigolf, Plassey
    -Dinner and a bar/club

They're just a few things I can think of off hand but i'm sure there's more. Just use your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Luigi Malones then hit Trooms

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    -Bowling on the ennis road
    -Mini-golf in Unigolf, Plassey
    -Dinner and a bar/club

They're just a few things I can think of off hand but i'm sure there's more. Just use your imagination.

Whats that unigolf thing like?

Here are a few tips mate!

Break the cinema-dinner-drinks cycle by putting some thought into what you want to do together. “A first date should always be fun – do something you’re both going to enjoy,” says Van Rood. “Roller blading, going to the local funfair and riding on the dodgems, a comedy night out, taking her rock climbing – be creative. The more you have to do, the less pressure there will be on the date.” Exercise and laughter both result in increased dopamine levels, which also happens during sexual arousal – get her active and grinning and she’ll associate all those warm fuzzy feelings with you.

Look here for more: http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Sex-&-relationships/guide-to-the-perfect-first-date/v3

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Whats that unigolf thing like?

Rubbish...

Here are a few tips mate!

Break the cinema-dinner-drinks cycle by putting some thought into what you want to do together. “A first date should always be fun – do something you’re both going to enjoy,” says Van Rood. “Roller blading, going to the local funfair and riding on the dodgems, a comedy night out, taking her rock climbing – be creative. The more you have to do, the less pressure there will be on the date.” Exercise and laughter both result in increased dopamine levels, which also happens during sexual arousal – get her active and grinning and she’ll associate all those warm fuzzy feelings with you.

Look here for more: http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Sex-&-relationships/guide-to-the-perfect-first-date/v3

You do know this is limerick were talking about and that the op is a chick?

jackncoke wrote: »
    You do know this is limerick were talking about and that the op is a chick?

And?? Whats your point dude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

And?? Whats your point dude?

well,if you can tell me where the local funfair is,im all for it :D

haha in my pants!

Its just an example, like what Azphyxi8 said, bowling or mini-golf?! Something fun to take yer mind off things!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jackncoke wrote: »
    well,if you can tell me where the local funfair is,im all for it :D

Try not taking the "fun-fair" example literally, use it as a starting-point for more varied thinking, and perhaps you might find your imagination leading you to fun possibilities that do exist in Limerick, rather than having a pop at someone who's trying to be helpful.

Kthxbai

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is nothing original left to do. Most of the casanova's and casanovettes have done it all by now.

The best thing to do is capture something that engages both your interests and not just his.

You may be out to win his heart but dont sell yours down the river for the sake of it.

Although personally I would like a woman to suggest I go rock climbing like up Carrauntohill which is really the nearest big rock but considering a man died there 2 days ago and the picture attached you might think again.

PICT0283.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

In all fairness if you rule out the cinema and going to a restaurant there is feck all else to do, especially if you stick to the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Berty wrote: »
    Although personally I would like a woman to suggest I go rock climbing like up Carrauntohill which is really the nearest big rock but considering a man died there 2 days ago and the picture attached you might think again.

PICT0283.jpg

Why would you like to have your woman pushing you to take a trip from which you may never return?

- I bet you have one of those really clicky-clacky keyboards and she can't hear the soaps Berty?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Raiser wrote: »
    Why would you like to have your woman pushing you to take a trip from which you may never return?

- I bet you have one of those really clicky-clacky keyboards and she can't hear the soaps Berty?

Why, because its enjoyable. Less than 2% of the Irish population have ever seen the mountain outside of pictures. It is a dangerous mountain, Croagh Patrick might be better.

Clicky-clacky keyboards................................... umm how do you know so much about me?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

A gig in dolans/UCH/millenium theatre is about the only thing I can think of outside the norm. Magners league match could also be an option. There is F-all to do though.

Advertisement