Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Does anybody think they're starting to burn out?
    I'm not a repeat, and I've been doing grand so far but for the last few days it's just been a bit... meh.
    Orals are just around the corner and as someone so kindly pointed out, we have less than 100 days till the real thing. But again... meh.
    Anyone share my oh-so-eloquently articulated sentiments?

On a similar note, COLLEGE COLLEGE COLLEGE!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marzabar

Yah.. I'm getting that. In the middle of my mocks currently so it's not as bad, I've got something to focus on anyway.. What happens to me is that I'll get home after school/grinds whatever and sit down trying to study but end up packing it in, just not bothered!
    Hopefully soon enough light will appear at the end of the tunnel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I feel like I've burned out but I know it's impossible considering I've done nothing all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Cant really see myself burning out, havent done nearly enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Does anybody think they're starting to burn out?
    I'm not a repeat, and I've been doing grand so far but for the last few days it's just been a bit... meh.
    Orals are just around the corner and as someone so kindly pointed out, we have less than 100 days till the real thing. But again... meh.
    Anyone share my oh-so-eloquently articulated sentiments?

On a similar note, COLLEGE COLLEGE COLLEGE!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think I have burnouted (sp?) myself myself big time. I've been cramming since 1 pm today and probably the same since the mid term break plus the night before each exam.

I don't know why, I do the work yet, I feel unprepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

For the week or so before the mocks I studied, properly (okay, so there was the crazy, holy****, the mocks start next week :eek: mindset...). I put in the hours, and felt very motivated and like I'd finally got the hang of this dedicated study malarky. Two weeks of mocks and a midterm cured this quickly.
    As much as I had planned to keep it up, I just can't motivate myself to do so. So, I don't know if it's really a burn out as such, but I'm definitely feeling the 'meh'. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

With projects and orals soon, I don't feel motivated to do anything else at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm so tired lately, I thought I'd recovered after the mocks over midterm but I spent all of last week looking forward to Friday night so much just so I could sleep. I've slept for 24 hours so far this weekend and I'm STILL tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I'm the exact same, to the point where I can actually only barely keep my eyes open in class towards the end of the day.
    Need more time for sleeeeeeping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Yeah big time, im just putting it down to a post-mock lull, if you will. Like i still get all homework done, but not doing as much as i was doing pre-mocks and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

burnout lmfao. jesus christ, just have a hot meal and get a good nights sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

ye I'm nearing the end of my mocks n I'm wrecked... will prob take a week off and will be grand then

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anything, the mocks made me feel less tired.. finished at 11:45 most days bar 2 days where i had 2 exams in the day! I'd take exams any day then 9-4 Monday-Friday :eek:

No all my tests where at least 3hrs and I do LCVP so I had 2 tests 3 days ina row... And with school it's not really 9-4 as such as (well I do nyway) you get a total of 1hr and 10mins of breaks not counting walking to classes etc.

You also don't write non-stop while in class either whereas in tests you do... so that's why there more tiring;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anything, the mocks made me feel less tired.. finished at 11:45 most days bar 2 days where i had 2 exams in the day! I'd take exams any day then 9-4 Monday-Friday :eek:

You must had a pretty sweet mock timetable :D

A couple of my friends have some great ones like for example, one of them had weekend off plus Mon-Wed and then one exam on Thursday and Friday.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Stress is worse than burnout, and I'm quite stressed atm. Mocks starting in a few days, orals a few weeks after and projects to be done too. Added to that I'm not even prepared for the mocks. :rolleyes:

K4t wrote: »
    Stress is worse than burnout, and I'm quite stressed atm. Mocks starting in a few days, orals a few weeks after and projects to be done too. Added to that I'm not even prepared for the mocks. :rolleyes:

Your mocks haven't started yet:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Beau x1 wrote: »
    burnout lmfao. jesus christ, just have a hot meal and get a good nights sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_(psychology)
    Its a real thing!
    (pretend wikipedia is a credible source)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_(psychology)
    Its a real thing!
    (pretend wikipedia is a credible source)

"Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name"

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I had a little panic attack on monday after looking at my calander, I got all sweaty and everything. So I went and had a cold shower and felt much better afterwards.

Advertisement