Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Warranty

Options
  • 01-03-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just looking for abit of advice,

The tube in our tv went last week and it was either pay 250 for a replacement or get a new tv.
    Well we weren't paying for the repair and decided on a 12 month plan with a tv retailer in Dun Laoghaire (don't have the cash to buy outright atm)but the warranty only covers the first 12 months and there is no option to extend and I thought you could get an extended warranty from nearly all retailers.

So basically I need to know what are my options with getting an extended warranty or if I go for insurace will that cover it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Extended warranty is normally just a store warranty, so that they will attempt to repair it.

In many cases, it's really the manufacturer warranty that is most important.

Advertisement