Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this diet work??

• 01-03-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm not fat but I'm pear shaped and I'd like to lose weight so I look better in my clothes, I've only been on this diet since the start of Lent but I'm wondering will I see much of an improvement by Easter..? I'm 5'8 and used to have a diet of alot of junk food but here's what I had today:
    1 medium bowl of Crunchy Nut cereal
    Half an apple
    Half a raw carrot
    Baked potato, chicken wings and salad
    Subway cookie..:(
    Chicken and salad sandwich

And I did about 45 mins of moderate exercise..Do I need to do more, will I lose a stone by Easter??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That is still a lot of junk food! The cereal is terrible and unless you are weighing it out I bet it is not the same size as the quoted portion. You could change to porridge or museli or make pancakes with oat flour for breakfast.

Ditch the wings and eat chicken breast, more meat and less fat. Eating 6 small evenly spaced meals will keep you full and resist snacking easier. It means you never get too full, so your stomach reduces, in turn you feel full quicker and your next meal is never to far away.

Also you might not be eating enough, you really have to weigh your food to calculate your calorie intake. Most would aim for 500kcal less than usual which should result in 1lb fat loss per week.

What exercise are you doing? and why just do moderate exercise, go full belt for the 45mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

1 medium bowl of Crunchy Nut cereal
    Half an apple
    Half a raw carrot
    Baked potato, chicken wings and salad
    Subway cookie..:(
    Chicken and salad sandwich

And I did about 45 mins of moderate exercise..Do I need to do more, will I lose a stone by Easter??[/quote]

Guy or Girl???

the cereal is muck, just simple carbs, however asking you to swap straight over to plain oats straight away may be a bit much, so instead have a third of your usual amount of crunchy nut cereal and the rest oats, will still taste yummy. make sure you are using skim milk, and if you can have a try with soya milk, get the soya light one, but if you dont like it then skim is still good

the carrot and the apple are good, but prehaps try and throw some more veg and fruit in,

potatoes are very high carb and calorie veg, so try to cut down on them a small bit, the chicken wings are rubbish, usually just a lot of chicken skin with sauce on top. try and stick to lean chicken, as something like 95% of the fat on chicken is in the skin.

the cookie of course isnt great but you have to have the occasional snack.

http://www.mikementzer.com/bodyfat.html

here is a good article about fat and understanding how to get rid of it, not sure bout the 5 liters of water a day idea though.

im in the same boat as your self as im tring to lose fat but keep muscle, it is such a bitch when u get those carb cravings before bed.

describe your average day, as in time you wake, times you eat when you excercise, what type of excercise, just rough timetable of your day, and it will be much easier to sort you out

Advertisement